Listen up Californians!

J Batt

WKR
Also not what that comment was saying.
Roger that. Sorry bud. I tend to add meaning to things.
Was trying to be encouraging. Probably better to do that through a PM. Public Forums are a funny business.

OP
Rob5589

Rob5589

WKR
He signed it into law today. It goes into effect on July 1 2024. Stock up now guys. These restrictive laws are doing just what the liberals want, making gun ownership all but impossible to afford. One law at a time. All this means is the criminals will need to steal more from us to pay the higher taxes.
Also signed SB2 which places more restrictions on CCW. On a brighter note, Judge Benitez once again shot down the magazine ban as unconstitutional. 10 day stay so the state can appeal, which they have already done. Going back to the 9th so we'll see. Benitez attempted to make it as solid as possible, going so far as to use CA regs against their own ban. Fingers crossed...

Swamp Fox

WKR
With how this thread has veered off topic as all threads pertaining to anything CA; it would be an appropriate time to write a few paragraphs about how it's other states weirdos that have been coming here for decades who destroyed this place. And now that that they have ran it into the ground, all your weirdos are going home- with their progeny and a few friends in tow. But it probably won't matter a bit to those who believe 'Californians are coming here and ruining my state'. From my perspective it aint californians that are showing up in your state - It's just people with CA license plates.

So instead, I'll wish you luck in battling an ideology that causes destruction wherever it goes no matter which state stamped the birth certificate of the mouth it's coming out of. Hopefully you can learn from what happened here, and devise a plan to prevent them from doing to you what they did to us. Or you can move here and help us fight them on ground zero, we're outnumbered and would welcome you with open arms. Them leaving and you showing up is a net +2 votes for the good guys. I'll buy you dinner when you get here.
While I appreciate your sentiment as a deep-rooted native (?) I can't see anybody ranging from moderate to red-leaning to wingnut moving to California unless their industry is there.

The tide on all beaches has been far too strong for far too long in the wrong direction, with no ebb in sight. Even politics aside, (good luck with that!) California seems unlivable to the pickle barrel philosopher out here (cost of living, aggravation, etc.) and I doubt any amount of Cali hospitality wins anyone over.

Surf's up, but don't make me play the Beach Boys, Dick Dale, etc ... It will just make everyone sad ...

Good luck out there. (y)

SwiftShot

WKR
Hey, this is what they want in California. They keep electing these people, so this is what they get. Just stay in California and stop being blue locust swarming to destroy other states.

xsn10s

WKR
Yup CA is a testing ground for the rest of the nation. From "assault weapons" bans to banning lead bullets they start in CA. Hard to believe that CA was a firearm's mecca at one time.

MattB

WKR
Newsom is such a boob. If only he and his ilk would re-criminalize being a criminal….

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Also signed SB2 which places more restrictions on CCW. On a brighter note, Judge Benitez once again shot down the magazine ban as unconstitutional. 10 day stay so the state can appeal, which they have already done. Going back to the 9th so we'll see. Benitez attempted to make it as solid as possible, going so far as to use CA regs against their own ban. Fingers crossed...
I already pay around $100/yr to own a CCW in my county (by comparison, my Utah CCW comes out to $6/yr). With additional excise taxes, gun ownership here is becoming just for the wealthy. Better get your lifetime hunting license before you flee the state.

Azone

WKR
Hey, this is what they want in California. They keep electing these people, so this is what they get. Just stay in California and stop being blue locust swarming to destroy other states.
No it’s not what a lot of us wanted while we were there or for those still serving their sentences out there.
California has long been the promise land for every states weirdos and whack jobs.

No it’s not what a lot of us wanted while we were there or for those still serving their sentences out there.
California has long been the promise land for every states weirdos and whack jobs.
Ya buddy and you got a bunch of them, now just keep them there O.K.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I already pay around $100/yr to own a CCW in my county (by comparison, my Utah CCW comes out to $6/yr). With additional excise taxes, gun ownership here is becoming just for the wealthy. Better get your lifetime hunting license before you flee the state.
Imagine having to get permission and pay money to carry a pistol.

CorbLand

WKR
Unless you want it for other states, Utah costs zero to conceal carry in.

Billinsd

WKR
So they can continue to infect neighboring states by voting for the same crap that ruined the state they're fleeing?
No, not those people, the sane ones should move. Overall, probably 30-40 percent are sane. A lot of people aren’t paying attention.

Billinsd

WKR
Even politics aside, (good luck with that!) California seems unlivable to the pickle barrel philosopher out here (cost of living, aggravation, etc.) and I doubt any amount of Cali hospitality wins anyone over.

Surf's up, but don't make me play the Beach Boys, Dick Dale, etc ... It will just make everyone sad ...

Good luck out there. (y)
I met Dick Dale in Costa Mesa at the movie theater in the early 80s. I didn’t know who he was at the time. Great guy!! I went to HS with John Wayne’s youngest daughter in 81. John Wayne looked at my dad’s airplane and sat in the pilot’s seat when it was for sale in 70. My dad graduated from USC after Korea in 54, met my mom in 60 in LA at a dance, both were from Minnesota. I grew up in real rural at the time Yorba Linda, birthplace of Nixon. I saw him in a parade when I was 4. We had lots of rattlesnakes and horses and places to ride motorcycles and shoot. Across my street was a pheasant hunting preserve. Orange County was a fantastic place to grow up in the 60s and 70s, prettiest girls, nicest weather, nothing better in the whole world. Now it’s a shithole 50 years later. Mostly the Getty, Brown, and Newsome government/business oligarchy, illegal invasion, have ruined everything.

CorbLand

WKR
Utah is a free state in many ways.
Yes and no. I like to remind people that Utah was the first and only state to actually implement a tracking system during Covid. I believe they were the first to suggest putting gps trackers in cars to track mileage for taxes.

R or D. White, blue, black or green. It doesn’t matter all politicians want your freedom and will sell you out any chance they get.

Billinsd

WKR
Yes and no. I like to remind people that Utah was the first and only state to actually implement a tracking system during Covid. I believe they were the first to suggest putting gps trackers in cars to track mileage for taxes.

R or D. White, blue, black or green. It doesn’t matter all politicians want your freedom and will sell you out any chance they get.
I said Utah is free in many ways. I meant to say most. Democrats and leftists want our freedom and want to control us, no argument. Republicans not nearly so much, very little comparatively. Correct, virtually all politicians will sell out their constituents, probably 75% of Republicans. It does matter greatly. You have the flawed Republican Party with lots of stupid politicians. On the other side the democrats are dangerous. Utah is a free state, especially compared to the opposite, which is California and not a free state.