Listen and Win a Hoyt Carbon Bow

BigDog00

WKR
I picked up a lot…The importance of 3rd axis. I too wasn't really sure of the benefits. Also verify that your broad heads are balanced and spin properly.

cnrx

FNG
I learned that I really need to pay more attention to third axis. Even here in the east since I'm mostly shooting from a treestand. I will also be using the kitchen drawers trick for checking broadheads.
Thanks for a great giveaway guys!

fltlndr

FNG
I never thought of checking for broad head alignment before. If it's as simple as rolling your arrows and looking for wobble, I'll definitely try it.

Great interview! Covered a lot of ground, very informative. One of the takeaways for me was taking a step back to look at some of the basics… I like to build my own arrows and over the years I’ve agonized over the smallest details; like how many grains are my wraps? One thing I hadn’t really ever spent much time thinking about is FOC and spine. I’m gonna take a closer look at my arrow build to see just where my FOC is and re-evaluate broadhead weight and spine. I’ve gone back and listened to the interview 4 times to take notes! Thanks!

The podcast was great!! Lots of great nuggets of info. My take away was that slight cam lean is designed into the Hoyt bows. Also that the purpose of the bridge behind the grip. Always thought that it had to do with adding rigidity to the riser, but did not know it also allowed the grip to be smaller allowing a shooter to get a more near perfect grip.

My biggest takeaway was regarding 3rd axis leveling. The saloon door analogy was helpful. He explained it as clear as I've ever heard it and it really helped me to understand better.

The kitchen drawer trick is a pretty ingenious idea for checking broadhead balance and spin!

Matt did a great job.

Last edited:

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of good info, and I really liked hearing Matt's take on fixed pin vs slider sights for western hunting situations. I've been curious to try a slider, but have been worried about the issues he brought up. I think I'll just stick with my fixed 5 pin SH.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Thank you for the chance to win a bow and a great podcast Steve and Matt! Most prominent to me was I have been unlucky with the lack of yard-sales in my career path :). 3rd axis, split limb stability and yolk tuning really helped me start to understand what's going on, thanks again.

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
i will be switching to a stiffer arrow and getting more weight up front to increase the FOC.

rhendrix

WKR
Digged the information on 3rd axis, guess I'll be buying the 3rd axis for my CBE tek hybrid instead of messing with the bubble. Thanks!

lak2004

WKR
I did not even know what 3rd axis adjustment meant! I thought my current sight (TR React 5 pin) had 2nd and 3rd axis ajustments, but after some more research it does not have a 3rd axis adjustment. I have been looking for an excuse to change sights and I think I may switch to a single pin. Go with a bit stiffer spine arrow if you are right on the verge of spine selection. I could have picked 400 spine arrows but went with 340 and glad I did because I have changed the draw weight from my original 60 lbs up to 70 lbs.

Ozz08

WKR
I also had never thought of using a drawer as an arrow spinner. Difference in d loop material stiffness was very interesting to me and something I had never considered.

dble07

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the podcast Steve. Lots of great info: drawer for arrow spinner, third axis, and proper tuning, but the biggest thing I learned was the reason why my pins are to the left of the string centerline.

swagner

FNG
My biggest takeaway was learning about 3rd axis. Lots of great information. Thanks for the opportunity!

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
I know I am pretty inexperienced regarding archery setups but this information just blows my mind. Torque and third axis are things I really need to show more attention.