Listen and Win a Hoyt Carbon Bow

OR Archer

WKR
Some good basic information which was presented well. Definitely can help a lot of guys out who are just getting into tuning their own equipment.

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
3dr axis alignment ,Bow torque shooter induced ,Zt Roller guide , Learned a lot about split limb, liked comment about no name bow 1" Flex ,Info riser pocket, 3rd axis salon door info then for up hill down hill, Yoke tuning cam tuning , Heavier arrow talk about weight placement shooting a drinking straw , Spot Hog sites Fixed site ,,I shoot Hoyt ,Wife no name ?????

martin_shooter

Lil-Rokslider
For me it would have to be the actual explanation of why Hoyt uses split limbs and the description of the ZT guard. It is nice to have a few theorys confirmed!

DWinVA

WKR
I'm a Hoyt shooter for life. After hearing great explanations on the new Hoyt technologies I may have to upgrade my AlphaMax. Learned a lot about 3rd axis leveling as well.

God Bless.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Not many companies that you can count on like HOYT! Glad to hear that I am not the only archer to file down a cam after a mountain side crash. Great podcast! Love the new ZT roller guard, the Nitrium is shooting lights out for me.
Thanks Steve and Matt.

I am new to archery hunting...and quite a gear head. My hunting buddy just got a carbon spyder turbo rig and the force has been strong on my wallet. My head has been spinning as I try to absorb all the tech data and purpose of the different components. this podcast was great for a nube like me and I am sure helpful to you old pros. Clear, concise and informative. The pull of the dark side is strong...Must not let the wife know...spending $2 grand for fall deer season...no! that's impossible...you are not my father...I'll never join you...Aaauugggh!

bradb

WKR
I liked the info on the roller guard.
Of course I just got my carbon spyder turbo the other day and it is an awesome bow!

kyle1112

WKR
great podcast Steve! i took away a better understanding of 3rd axis as well as torque. thank you!! lets hope i win that bow, the ol diamond outlaw is gettin tired!

mauidiver

WKR
Man, i actually listened to this last night while i was on S & S archery site because I watched Steve testing his broadheads from shooting three 70yrd shots with two stacking, and the third a 11/2 inch above. I was very impressed and wanted to hear the podcast. To be honest a lot of the information was above my knowledge and pretty complex information, but these guys did make tons of great suggestions for me to use. I've only been wheel shooting for 2 years now, and just now comfortable enough to go for my first deer this season. I took the beginning of the podcast about the grip hold and consistently shooting. The guys at my local shop always scream at me about my grip and the importance of getting the basics correct from the beginning. Along with a lot of the people who said the 3rd axis explanation really how important my adjustments are when shooting.

WyoHnt300

Lil-Rokslider
High quality tidbits abound, I like the suggestion to er on the heavier arrow side for a quieter arrow. It's the small things that make the difference in the field. Great podcast.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
3rd axis and it's importance is a new revelation to me. Good explanation, thank you.

PMcGee

WKR
The 3rd axis information was interesting and the D loop information made me think. Normally I just buy whatever D loop material is easily available.

motts

Lil-Rokslider
The description they gave of 2nd axis rather than 3rd axis was what I really found interesting as I had never heard it explained that way before or seen it directly linked to pin alignment and/or walk-back tuning. It was nice to hear my personal beliefs/experiences regarding FOC confirmed as well. Definitely worth the time listening.

As if I didn't have enough to worry about when staring at a 6x6 at 20 yards, torque, 3rd axis, spine...that's why we do our homework in the off season, right?! Great podcast!