Liquid Chlorophyll for Altitude Sickness???

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
Today I was at work talking about my upcoming hunt in Colorado and the topic of altitude sickness came up. One of my coworkers mentioned that you can take chlorophyll to help the body to acclimate faster to the altitude. I had never heard chlorophyll mentioned on any hunting forum, but after googling it plenty of sites come up that claim that it helps you acclimate faster by promoting growth in red blood cells, thereby increasing oxygen in your body.

Have any of you guys or girls tried or even heard of this working?

broncoformudv

Lil-Rokslider
Boy that is a new one on me and this is a common topic being deployed to Afghanistan were the majority of us are working and living above 5,000 feet asl.

bhtkevin

FNG
I've heard it works for keeping down body odors, but never heard anything about altitude sickness.

wvtradbow

FNG
I've taken liquid chlorophyll before a big hunt,but that was just for odor control..I guess it helps with that,it's hard to swallow,it's an extreme thick minty flavor.It's made for people with a colonostomy bag to hold down odor ...

wvtradbow

FNG
Diamox is the medicine you can take for altitude sickness,but you have to take it a couple days before your hunt,I just got a scrip for it,I have to pick it up today, we're heading to Co. for opening day..From what I understand about altitude sickness,it's like sea sickness in the sense that You just never no when it's going to affect you ,you may go to the same height 5yrs in a row with no problems (10000-12000 ft) then on the sixth yr you may have a problem.