Lip Bawl?

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
I really like a lip bawl in the middle of a "bull calling cows" bugle. A call that is short in duration - growling to shrill to start, lip bawl in the middle, and a short high pitch burst at the end. Shorter than a typical location bugle. Joel Turner did a video on it several years ago. Here you go, minute mark 8:30.

It's definitely my best producer when a bull has cows and I am in tight on them. It's very effective. I'd say like 75% effective for me. I am above a "dumpster fire" level of execution though, lol. That comment above was funny.
I took Joel's class at his house with one other person. It was great ! I had not learned to call ek at that point so it was strictly archery based. I wish I would have picked his brain at the time. Bummer

I don't use them often...I have but I am a huge fan of getting them fired up from a distance then sneaking in silently. Once I get in close enough, I'll start by raking, when he fires off I'll cut him off mid bugle. They generally rush in at that point.

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
I don't use them often...I have but I am a huge fan of getting them fired up from a distance then sneaking in silently. Once I get in close enough, I'll start by raking, when he fires off I'll cut him off mid bugle. They generally rush in at that point.
Nice to see another Washington guy on here! Are you an East or Westsider?