Limb delaminated right before elk season

Well I have been practicing quite a bit and have been dead nuts on to 60 yards. A couple nights ago my shooting just went to crap and I was getting frustrated. All of a sudden the lightbulb went on and I realized my bow was making a creaking noise and I thought uh oh. One of my lower limbs on my Hoyt Alphamax32 had delaminated. Well I took off from work early the following day and took my bow in for a replacement limb which is covered under warranty. However it won't be in for a while. Lucky for me the archery shop had a set of limbs that will temporarily get me through the season. My temporary limbs reduced my draw weight from 70 to 64 lbs so I am now resighting in my bow a week before the season. :eek: I've attached a pic of the limb.
alphalimb.jpg

OR Archer

WKR
Wow. First time I have seen a Hoyt limb do that. Good thing your dealer had a set to get you through season.

Hoyt has the toughest limbs on the market in my opinion. Yes they will splinter on the edges but other than that they are freaking rock solid.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Man I would cry. You took it in stride. Good thing you got the bow at your pro shop. I know guys that have ordered Hoyt or Mathews through the mail and had problems and nothing would get covered. Thats why I shoot an Obsession. No fault dont care how you got the bow they will fix or replace it. Glad your getting taken care of.

OP
WonkyWapiti
Yeah I was ready to cry. I was in British Columbia on a fly fishing trip last week and had a blast so I have been pretty zen'd out since my return and have tried to stay in a positive mood. Last Sunday I went up and checked on my trail cameras and discovered one of them was stolen. They say bad things come in threes so I can't wait to see what will be next.

The only limbs ive personally seen delaminate have all been Hoyts.

Thankfully, mine was at the end of season (I think there was only three days left). Havent owned a Hoyt since.

Glad they took care of you, but I would consider yourself lucky.
My older Hoyt decided to delaminate several years ago, when it did there was a hell of a noise and a hell of a hole THROUGH my left hand about the diameter of a nickel all the way.
I didn't shoot a bow for over a year.

Bighorse

WKR
I had the arm on my Limbdriver Pro V crack at the V. They are shipping me a new one but I'm scheduled to move and fly out next Friday. I also was feeling great at 60. It has a high suck factor when gear fails.

MattB

WKR
What a bummer. I have shot Hoyts for over a decade - mostly because of the limb durability, so that is surprising to see. The only time I have had problems with my limbs were 1) when a truck backed over it, and 2) when a portable bow press limb bracket failed. Other than that, they have been perfect. In the two cases where I had (self-inflicted) issues, a bit of sandpaper and super glue had me back in the game in no time flat.