Lightweight FFP Hunting Scope

marktole

WKR
Was wondering what some of you guys are using for a FFP lightweight hunting scope?

I’m aware of the Vortex Viper PST Gen II and Nightforce SHV F1 scopes, but at 28 and 30 ounces respectively, I wouldn’t necessarily call either of them light. Curious to hear some suggestions on other brands/models.

The Leupold VX6-HD line is pretty outstanding for hunting I think, is there anything comparable out there in FFP?

PresTex

Lil-Rokslider
Maven just released their rifle scope. Might be worth looking into. It’s FFP, pretty light, and should have some good glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

260madman

WKR
What mag range are you looking at? As you go up in magnification the weight usually goes up as you're looking at tactical scopes where weight doesn't matter, just ruggedness and repeatability.

SWFA 3-9 weighs in at 19oz according to their specs.

JigStick

WKR
I’ve taken plenty of 1000yd shots with a 15x scope and the FFP reticle helps tremendously with wind and elevation holds.

Check out the Leupold 3.6-18x44 Mark 5

Nikon pro staff 5 have a few with the FFP options just make sure you verify the model you order specifies FFP I just got mine in today and have to send it back as it is the SFP model. If I remember right they are about 17oz for the 4.5-18x40 and the 4.5-14x40. They discontinued the 4.5-18x40 after last year but there are still a few sites that have them leftover the 4.5-14x40 is about $120 cheaper if I remember right and is the current production model. I have the 4.5-18 on the rifle I purchased last year and really like it so I ordered another for my new rifle I just picked up

Leupy Mark 5, LRHS, NX8 are kind of the darlings in that space. They are light compared to other dependable high'ish magnification FFP that have been proven reliable. March scopes are lighter, more expensive, and I'd trust to track repeatably (but maybe not to the same measure of angle standards as others) but they have other compromises like finicky parallax and lousy reticles.

ChrisAU

WKR
Leupy Mark 5, LRHS, NX8 are kind of the darlings in that space. They are light compared to other dependable high'ish magnification FFP that have been proven reliable. March scopes are lighter, more expensive, and I'd trust to track repeatably (but maybe not to the same measure of angle standards as others) but they have other compromises like finicky parallax and lousy reticles.

If OP does venture into that weight, take a look at the Vortex Razor AMG. Most American scope you can get besides maybe a USO. I'm in love with mine. And don't let the 6x on the bottom scare you, it has the same FOV at 6x as a Leupold 4-12 has at 4x and more than a Leupold 4.5-14 has at 4.5 and nobody turns their nose up at those for hunting.

MCase

FNG
I’d look at the Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18x44 or VX-3i 4.5-14x50 FFP.....both should fit your requirements and MIL or MOA options.

Wedgie

FNG
X2 on the Vortex AMG. At ~28 oz it’s not the lightest but has the versatility for hunting and comps. I make weight savings elsewhere with a LP Ti action and an AG comp stock.