lightweight canvas hot tents

What’s the difference between Wilderness Ridge tents and Snowtrekker’s high country ?

Last edited:
just to update I purchased a snow trekker made Wilderness trail ridge llamas designed tent 11x11.
I picked it up yesterday
paired it with a little amigo stove
I can honestly say having it in my hands one of my llamas can carry the tent and stove set up.
for what it is its very light,, I haven't set it up yet but will this morning and get the stove burned in as well
il update with some pics as well
Nickstone and Rockchuck and Beau made this a easy choice for me ,,,
thank you!
Love to see some photos when you get a chance.

OP
wasatchcomm
just found this
21 lbs
center pole
another good option and good price

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have about 40 nights in the Mountain Den. I really like the size and weight, perfect for pack goats. But it's been leaking bad in the snow and rain. Make sure you bring a tarp. I talked to Beau he said I need to retreat the canvas, I have a early version of the tent.

I will say 6oz canvas is VERY lightweight and might not hold up to severe weather. I will report back after the late season.
1bc333452566b220f0e73efe5826ec3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
wasatchcomm
that sucks,,
I hope mine does not leak like that, but I better get a tarp it sounds like
I wonder if the ester tent that is 10.10oz army duck canvas will be less likely to leak?

OneSkinnyHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have about 40 nights in the Mountain Den. I really like the size and weight, perfect for pack goats. But it's been leaking bad in the snow and rain. Make sure you bring a tarp. I talked to Beau he said I need to retreat the canvas, I have a early version of the tent.

I will say 6oz canvas is VERY lightweight and might not hold up to severe weather. I will report back after the late season.

I’m really interested in how these hold up. A bit disappointing that they leak that bad - especially for the money…
Any chance of a full review being published?

OP
wasatchcomm
I agree with above, Beau told me they tested very well in heavy rain and a lot of rain
I understand the possibility of it coming through and if a tarp is required, so be it, there are trade offs to everything. my tipi tents might not leak but the condensation build up is just as bad in my opinion
id rather pack a light weight tarp and throw it over the tent than to go back t a tipi style lightweight tent
I reached out to the Esker tent MFG about rain on there tents and they replied, our tents are for winter and will leak if exposed to to much rain for a long period.....
If rain is in forecast take a tarp
shouldn't be to hard to throw over it. maybe a tyvek tarp would be lighter

Ryan any update through the late season on this tent?

I ordered the Continental as soon as they came out for sale. It's a great tent. For hunting I only used it in September and it only rained one of the nights I used it, but I had no leaks.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Beau sent me some Canvak to put on the tent. I have had it out since then but the weather was mild with just a dusting of snow. After next week I will set it up in my yard and see how it does. Like I said 6oz is LIGHT for canvas and I will probably always take a tarp now.

That being said for my needs the Tent is a winner. I will get a review up in December after I put it through another storm.

bmart2622

WKR
I ordered the Continental as soon as they came out for sale. It's a great tent. For hunting I only used it in September and it only rained one of the nights I used it, but I had no leaks.
Hows the interior space? Could you do 3 on cots with a stove and have room to cook inside?

stev7975

FNG
Seek 12 man worked amazing in frigid temps with the stove. Even with horses it was nice to not have a 150lb tent to deal with. Impressive unit.

OneSkinnyHunter

Lil-Rokslider
What’s the difference between Wilderness Ridge tents and Snowtrekker’s high country ?

Ya I’m wondering the same thing…they’re cheaper but look the same …