Lightweight Bonesaw

Looking for recommendations of a lightweight foldable bonesaw for bringing into the backcountry, so weight is a premium. Am I better served just using a multi-tool? This would be used for blacktail and black bear in the PNW.

Would appreciate any input, thanks.

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
There’s a post in the diy section on this. Guy made his own and it was relatively simple to do if you have any hands on skills whatsoever.

BBob

WKR

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
Pro move on linking those threads.

My be unpopular opinion but I was looking into this same thing a few months ago. Most name brand saws are between 3 and 6 oz and cost $20. I realized time, energy, and money was gonna make a bigger impact elsewhere. A stout gerber is not sexy but it will cut when you need it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up an Outdoor Edge folding saw and it’s under 3oz. Not the stoutest thing ever but has worked well so far.

TaperPin

WKR
This saw doesn’t fold, but I don’t think theres a more capable saw for the price and weight.

Attachments

• 8C4B0DED-ABE8-48A8-ACDB-0B096C468A9C.jpeg
    8C4B0DED-ABE8-48A8-ACDB-0B096C468A9C.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 45

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
Silky for me too, and most of the people that have gone with us.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
+3 for Silky Pocketboy-FineTooth

If you want to convert to UltraLight, Jan(?) does 3 D printed silky handles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bacho laplander
Have tried most and while not the best it is the best for all around,wood,bone etc.
Mine is orange and use it to trim limbs climbing,cut limbs in self made blinds,firewood, and bone if needed.
Price is good as well.
Silky is better at wood but not both and no way im using a multitool.
Some things are not worth the weight savings.

Jimss

WKR
I haven't used a bone saw for around 50 years! Just one more thing to lug around! I bone out all my meat so really don't see a use. I usually do european mounts on my critters so no use for cutting off horn/antlers.