Lightweight .350 Legend Rifle

mibighntr

FNG
Perhaps it is just me and the fact that I hunt in Southern MI restricted firearms area, but I am curious why no firearms manufacturers are producing a lightweight option in .350 Legend as of yet? The recoil of the cartridge is so negligible that one would think it would be a perfect pairing for a nice little bolt rifle, single shot, or AR in the 5-6lb range. I do realize the market is slightly reduced with only some areas restricting the cartridges that can be used, typically in more heavily populated locations.

I bet the howa minis are pretty light with the 16.25 barrel

I just put a 22” .223 howa mini in the Stocky’s carbon VG stock and it was 5lbs 4oz.

The stockys sporter stock is 3-4oz lighter still, so you might be coming in under 5lbs.

I don’t know what the difference in weight is with the 350 legend and the larger barrel contour and Bore I.D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps it is just me and the fact that I hunt in Southern MI restricted firearms area, but I am curious why no firearms manufacturers are producing a lightweight option in .350 Legend as of yet? The recoil of the cartridge is so negligible that one would think it would be a perfect pairing for a nice little bolt rifle, single shot, or AR in the 5-6lb range. I do realize the market is slightly reduced with only some areas restricting the cartridges that can be used, typically in more heavily populated locations.
This is a great question.

Leaf Litter

Lil-Rokslider
Ruger American rifles come in 350 L and don't weigh much. I have one for sale, in fact

Shraggs

WKR
Not sure how light you want it. I’m s mi too and after looking at all them the Winchester xpr was the best in my eyes. Weight, barrel length, threaded and trigger.

One of the ar was light too

arrow179

WKR
Love the Ruger American in .350Legend and Omega 36M for deer hunting in Ohio. 3” groups at 200yds with factory ammo. Plenty light and easy to handle even with the suppressor.36B5B22D-1549-4C15-B80F-2BB47BE82A2F.jpeg

2muchhp

WKR
How far do you carry your 350 legend in Southern MI ?
That is probably the answer to your question.

wesfromky

WKR
Love the Ruger American in .350Legend and Omega 36M for deer hunting in Ohio. 3” groups at 200yds with factory ammo. Plenty light and easy to handle even with the suppressor.View attachment 531856
My setup is pretty close - just have a dead air wolfman (looks bigger then it is in the photo). Other rifle is a T1x with DA mask.

Attachments

• rs350.jpg
    rs350.jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 19

rtrevith

FNG
Biding my time for an ssk frame to complete a 350 legend build. 20" barrel from MGM, carbon AR style stock, Sharp Bros pistol grip, SSK fore end or possibly a piece of CF tubing cut out. Short and light! If anyone would donate a stainless contender frame to the cause... :)

JCMCUBIC

WKR
After the last couple of months shooting mini's in ARC and Grendel (in lw stocks), a mini in 350 in a stocky's would be my first choice for straight-wall states.

MAP1

FNG
Weatherby Vanguard can be ordered custom with a peak44 carbon stock comes in around 6.25 to 6.5 lbs depending on if you need it fluted