Light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Well I think that we can finally see the end or beginning of the end to the Covid-19 Pandemic. It may take a few months to a year or so to get back to normal, so to speak, but I am starting to plan for the elk hunt 2020. Washing and organizing everything now instead of the month before I go as usual. I am the self-proclaimed outfitter for my group of misfits that go each year in the chasing of elk. Making sure everything is good to go and what needs to be purchased again or for those few things that I just gotta have. Haven't had the virus or known anyone that had/has it and feel very fortunately for that. Very sorry for those that did. Praying that they knew Jesus on a personal level. Taking out a youngster (21) this year with me into a new area. He has yet to put crosshairs on one yet. Any great tips are always welcome. Be safe out there.

I hope we are but I don’t think it’ll be over for awhile. My worries are for all the small businesses that are “shutdown” for weeks-months. Gonna be tough for em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe there is newer info, this is weeks old

They actually say in some areas that “Bushwhacking” into the back country is not allowed. Bushwhacking? What is this? The Australian outback?
Man, I was scared there for a moment! Thats old news thankfully. They closed general recreation areas only.

1587329250902.png
1587329653275.png
Only the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area is closed entirely. They had to due to all the dumb dumbs in Portland rushing out into it. No "bushwhacking" allowed there. I don't hunt there so not too worried ha

Last edited:

Bobbyboe

WKR
Maybe there is newer info, this is weeks old

They actually say in some areas that “Bushwhacking” into the back country is not allowed. Bushwhacking? What is this? The Australian outback?

That article says that campsites or other maintained areas are closed, not everything. The BLM section of the article says camping is off limits, not the use of the land.

FLAK

WKR
If I lived there, good luck finding me "Bushwhacking".
Who are these people anyway? Walking through the woods illegal?
Like Cartoon stuff.

AKDoc

WKR
In response to the OP light at the end of the tunnel perspective, I think there is light. That said, I'm only talking about the viral pandemic itself...I'm not talking about the secondary pandemic of media junk (that is a completely different topic for me).

I'm a bit of a Churchill fan as a historic leader through national adversity, and I'm sure many people have read in history...We are not at the end, nor the beginning of the end, but are at the end of the beginning.

Well, I think we are definitely past the end of the beginning (except hind-sight focused political/media coverage), and I also think we are definitely moving into the beginning of the end...which I think will be a likely protracted process into the future for some time...but I choose to believe that the viral pandemic is moving into the beginning of the end.

To the OP, I agree with you 100%. This is soon to be old news. The general public has already lost interest in it for the most part. The media isn’t able to keep the level of fear and uncertainty up anymore.....even though some of them continue to try even harder. People are going back to their daily lives, in what ways they can, regardless of “restrictions”.