Lifetime License

go_deep

WKR
You have to live in Wyoming for 10 years to buy a lifetime. I've dragged my feet for a few years, but finally bought my lifetime for everything available this summer. Takes about 9 years to break even with no price increases.

maxx075

Lil-Rokslider
I have one in WV for hunting/fishing. Moved to Utah and have to do a Non-Resident here because they claim that my hunting license in WV makes me a resident for the purposes of hunting. Weird, but whatever.

Peytb10

FNG
I have one in WV for hunting/fishing. Moved to Utah and have to do a Non-Resident here because they claim that my hunting license in WV makes me a resident for the purposes of hunting. Weird, but whatever.
Oh dang.. I enjoy hunting AZ but plan to move to ID, MT or WY in the next 4 years. If that’s the case I’ll just not buy a lifetime license. I’d hate not to hunt in one of those states as a resident in the draw pool or resident OTC tags

maxx075

Lil-Rokslider
Oh dang.. I enjoy hunting AZ but plan to move to ID, MT or WY in the next 4 years. If that’s the case I’ll just not buy a lifetime license. I’d hate not to hunt in one of those states as a resident in the draw pool or resident OTC tags
I would imagine it's dependent on each state, just have to research the license regulations. It was definitely interesting learning that though.

Dbolick

FNG
I’m considering the same. I live in TN but mainly hunt NC. out of state rags are expensive and a lifetime license would cost 5x the cost of one year. I understand long term the cost is much cheaper to just buy lifetime but it’s just an expensive chunk of money

I got a lifetime hunting and fishing license in AR for my 16th birthday, and I got a lifetime hunting license in Texas while I lived there. I’d say it’s definitely worth it just for if you move away or if prices rise

wytx

WKR
Colorado is the same way. Folks better check before they apply for resident tags.

Colorado is the same way. Folks better check before they apply for resident tags.
Yep, same way in AR and Texas. It doesn’t matter as much in TX because most tags are open to nonresidents but Arkansas elk are resident only and they now require nonresidents hunting Turkey and bear to buy a tag, which are free for residents. If you move away from the state I assume you need to be prepared to pay non-resident prices for those tags

I just checked and you don’t need to pay for bear or turkey tags in Arkansas if you’re a nonresident with a lifetime license. The point about elk season still stands