Lever Action Build Advice

Howdy!
I’ve finally got my hands on a new Marlin Trapper 45-70 and need help deciding on a Scope, Sights, Rail, Rings, Muzzle Device Adapter!

Uses:
Big Timber Hunting, quick shots, and Dangerous Game (AK and maybe Africa one day). Quality and Durability is critical because of this.

Muzzle Device: I’ve got a TBAC Fly 45 for this gun but the treads don’t match so I need an adapter. I’m looking at Gyrex Mini Brake and adaptor. Anyone have any ideas?

Scope:
Trying to decide between a true 1x or 2x. Leaning toward an LVPO but would like a large field of view and excellent light transmission.
Magnification from 6 up to 12, I won’t be taking long shots but do think it would be nice to see out a little further and potentially dial up to 225ish on the range. Leupold vs NightForce vs Swaro (not sure if that price jump is justified though)

Sights:
Looking for an Aperture/ peep- possibly incorporated into a rail. Definitely need some insight into this!

Rail:
Lowest profile possible and quick detach.
I would like the scope to sit back toward my eye and not so far forward like I see with some lever actions

Rings:
I’d like to keep the scope as low as possible.
Tough enough for a 45-70 and bushwhacking.

Thanks for the insight and wisdom

Axlrod

WKR
Welcome to Rokslide!

I have Skinner peep sights on a Henry and a Marlin. Very high quality, good people to deal with. Made here in Montana. Marlin uses his sights on their trapper model.

Don't know a thing about scopes on levers, but Skinner shows scope mounts with a peep that uses Talley quick detach rings. And a pic rail with integrated peep that you could use with other Q.D. rings.

Last edited:
OP
P
Perfect, thank you. I’ve had my eye on Skinner and glad to hear they’ve worked well for ya.

Encore4me

FNG
I have this on my Marlin. Great set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk