Leupold VX5 HD or Zeiss Conquest V4?

kkp005

WKR
I had 3 vx5hd’s and have slowly weeded them out. Mainly run trijicon credos now and have been veryyyyy happy with them. Check out the credo hx in 2.5-15 and I think you’d be happy you did

I have a vx6 being delivered tomorrow, I was torn between that and the vx5, ended up spending the extra on the vx6 for the flip caps, firedot and extra 3x. Plus I didn’t want to have buyers remorse, I’ll get that way if I don’t just “do it”. Should be a good pair on my Seekins element I just got.
I stuggle with the buyers remorse as well. Now I buy once, cry once. Lol

Curious what you like about the V4 ovee the VX-5HD? I'm stuck between the two.

Crashing your question but I also prefer the Zeiss V4s because:

They have more reticle options, including ones that are useful for holding over.

V4 doesn’t limit how many rotations on turret. If for any reason you’re shooting 1K yards or further, you can use all the available elevation. VX5HD stops at 2 turret rotations for what I believe is 37 MOA.

V4 turrets have more positive clicks and I think the erectors are more robust.

KenLee

WKR
I like my vx5 HD in 3-15x44 I have the firedot. It’s been reliable. I have hunted with it in all kinds of weather from plus 30 to -30 Celsius. Still holds zero. I shot a coyote at 320 yards at the last minute of shooting light and could see it just fine.
Yall have shooting time limits for sleezy yotes, or just last minute the scope was useful?

How did the glass for low light compare between the two?

Crashing glass question again cause I’ve owned several of both. IMO The Leupold VX5HD has slightly better low light performance but it’s really close and I can shoot up to and even past legal light with the V4. You’d not be handicapped with either one.

Crashing glass question again cause I’ve owned several of both. IMO The Leupold VX5HD has slightly better low light performance but it’s really close and I can shoot up to and even past legal light with the V4. You’d not be handicapped with either one.

They're very close. The vx5 is slightly better, but the difference is miniscule. Legal shooting time here is a half hour before sunrise until a half hour after sunset and I've never had an issue with either.
Thank you both for the honest feedback!

204_ruger

Lil-Rokslider
Crashing your question but I also prefer the Zeiss V4s because:

They have more reticle options, including ones that are useful for holding over.

V4 doesn’t limit how many rotations on turret. If for any reason you’re shooting 1K yards or further, you can use all the available elevation. VX5HD stops at 2 turret rotations for what I believe is 37 MOA.

V4 turrets have more positive clicks and I think the erectors are more robust.
It will only let u go up 2 turnes only? I will have to look at the V4 for sure.

bluekiss

FNG
I have the V4 and 5HD both 44mm. I prefer the Zeiss. They are very close on glass and low light but the Zeiss stands out on the turrets to me.

It will only let u go up 2 turnes only? I will have to look at the V4 for sure.

Yes irregardless of how much available elevation you have, two turns is all you get.

My Burris Veracity also limits to two turns 34 MOA max, but the reticle has 1 MOA hold over points so I can use the reticle for that extra distance.

chindits

WKR
I have both and I like the turrets on the zeiss better. I also have a Creedo and I wish it had turrets like the zeiss.

No other issues with any of those scopes, but I’m not throwing them on the ground which seems to be trending