Leupold vs Maven vs Meopta

Dgregory

FNG
I’m looking to get some input from anyone with experience with any of these scopes. With the Maven and Meopta being newer I’m not finding a ton of in-depth reviews or commentary on real world experience. I’m looking to keep my price range around $500 or so. If you have something in mind that you think is better for around the same price just let me know.

Leupold VX Freedom 4-12 x 40 CDS Side Focus
Maven CRS.2 4-16 x 44
Meopta Meosport R 3-15 x 50

This is for a lightweight mountain build. It’s going on top of a Christensen Mesa FFT in 308. Bare rifle weighs 5.5lbs. The Meopta weighs about 6oz more than the other two scopes, but I’m not too worried about that because the rifle is so light to begin with.

Thanks

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The MeoptaMeoSport R 3-15x50 RD SFP-4C has become one of our most popular scopes. Quality optics, simple illuminated reticle, great tracking. All in all a great scope.
The MeoSport R 3-15x50 RD features a side focus from 10 yards to infinity, exposed 0.1 Mil windage and elevation adjustments with zero-reset turrets that lock, and an illuminated red dot reticle that makes it easier to get on target swiftly and accurately in low light.

BamaNSC

FNG
Not exactly what you’re looking for, but I left Leupold and moved over to a Meopta MeoStar, and haven’t looked back. I had never heard of the brand, but have a buddy with a gun shop, and I tested several scopes prior to purchase. The Meopta has been amazing!