Leupold Pro Guide Spotting Scope Help

All,

I might need a backup spotter for the deer hunt this year and was wondering if there were any reviews of the new Leupold Pro-Guide spotting scopes? My main spotter is a Swaro but my father-in-law will probably have it on his sheep so I need a backup. It looks like the specs on this scope is very similar to the Vortex Viper HD and I was wondering if anyone knows how they compare?

Thanks,

Tyler

At 78.2 oz, almost 5 pounds, it wouldn't stray far from my truck. I suggest that you consider something that complements your Swaro better, such as a backpacking, light scope with high quality optics--the Kowa 553 or 554.

OP
Touchdown88
I ended up buying the 15-45 Leupold Guide Pro to try out. I'll run it through the paces this fall on three western deer hunt and give everyone a review.

Thanks for all the replies.

This site rocks!

kmaurer95

FNG
I ended up buying the 15-45 Leupold Guide Pro to try out. I'll run it through the paces this fall on three western deer hunt and give everyone a review.

Thanks for all the replies.

This site rocks!
Since its 2020 now what are your thoughts on this spotting scope and have you used the vortex viper HD and if so which one would you go with. Also is the 15-45 plenty of magnification for most uses?

OP
Touchdown88
I still like the Leupold. As far as magnification goes, I like the 45x for mid range priced scopes and believe that it is just fine for most situations. I glassed multiple mule deer in MT last year at 1 mile and could easily field judge them.

I had a Viper HD in 20-60x but sold it after a few months because I didn't like the bluish tint that it had. The color in the Leupold is more natural than the Viper HD.

Both the Leupold and Viper HD were compared to a Swaro ATS 20-60 HD that I have. The color on the Leupold is close to the Swaro.

I like

kmaurer95

FNG
I still like the Leupold. As far as magnification goes, I like the 45x for mid range priced scopes and believe that it is just fine for most situations. I glassed multiple mule deer in MT last year at 1 mile and could easily field judge them.

I had a Viper HD in 20-60x but sold it after a few months because I didn't like the bluish tint that it had. The color in the Leupold is more natural than the Viper HD.

Both the Leupold and Viper HD were compared to a Swaro ATS 20-60 HD that I have. The color on the Leupold is close to the Swaro.

I like
Thanks yeah I was leaning towards the leupold anyway I think I’ll stick with it.