Let's Talk Fletching Jigs

I have a bitz and a Az mini and an Az regular...... Anyone wanna buy a bitz.? I had the same problem, couldn't get good vane contact. Tried a mini and it's great so then I bought the regular for longer vanes. No problems with either.

I like my Bitzenberger. I don't have trouble getting a helical on my Blazer vanes. It took some time to set up correctly and like fire arrow said, you need to play with it a little to get it set up right.

Once it is set tighten down the screws and you don't have to move it again. Mine has been set the same for years.

I had a JoJan. Once. THE biggest POS in the archery world. No offense intended.

It's funny your opinion on the EZ Fletch whereas everyone else loves it. It leads me to think I'd put some hooks on it for salmon fishing/boat anchor and go back to my Bitzy.

Is it that bad? Now I am doubting.

Honestly it's not much money, give It a try, if not sell it, and you won't take a big lose, you could end up liking it. The Jo jan is a touchy girl but I have had some good success with it, it's not a blitz though, that's for sure.

The EZ Fletch Minis are really excellent for shorter vanes. I have 2 and can fletch a dozen arrows in about 10 minutes.

I have used both the Arizona ez fletch an the bitz. Ez is way faster and more user friendly to a beginner. But I have done a few batches with each an compared them. The bitz puts a better helical on them it's jus real finicky an has to be perfect alignment. I always have to add a little extra pressure while clamping down to make sure the entire fletch sticks until the glue dries up. With more patience the bitz is better for maximum helical but if your not that worried the AZ EZ is the way to go.

I have used both the Arizona ez fletch an the bitz. Ez is way faster and more user friendly to a beginner. But I have done a few batches with each an compared them. The bitz puts a better helical on them it's jus real finicky an has to be perfect alignment. I always have to add a little extra pressure while clamping down to make sure the entire fletch sticks until the glue dries up. With more patience the bitz is better for maximum helical but if your not that worried the AZ EZ is the way to go.

That may be the case with the original EZ fletch, but I would be *very* surprised if the Bitz can put more helical than the EZ fletch mini.

I have a full size EZ fletch used it to fletch Blazers on 340 Axxis arrows. I was never very happy with my end result seemed sloppy. I have picked up a Bitz haven't tried to use it yet mostly because it seemed like I need some time to figure out how to use it.

The idea of using the Mini is appealing because of the simplicity. How are you getting good results on small shafts Deep 6/Axxis- what kind of glue are you using. Do you let it dry for a minute or like 5 seconds before pulling the collar off.

Well, I'd be happy to offset the investment in ez fletch if anyone wants to sell their bitz.

The idea of using the Mini is appealing because of the simplicity. How are you getting good results on small shafts Deep 6/Axxis- what kind of glue are you using. Do you let it dry for a minute or like 5 seconds before pulling the collar off.

I have 2 EZ Fletch Mini's that I use and let the glue cure just as long as it takes to fletch the next arrow in the other jig (~ 1 minute). Goat Tough glue has been my glue of choice. Last week I did the first back of skinny shafts (Injexions) and will have to report back on how the stock wrap worked. Visually, the fletching job looked great.

I've used the bitz for about 5 years and before that a JoJan. Based on only these two jigs, the Bitz is great! I do probably 4 or 5 dozen arrows a year between myself, family and friends.

I've used the EZ fletch for years, and always had a good result. Not great but good. I changed some stuff up last year and went to a fourfletch on Victory VAPs, what a pain in the neck. Looking for something different now.

I have used the bohning blazer jig. Super easy...I think I might try the az mini though...

Side note: why are you guys fletching four vanes? More stability, more control? Do notice it slows the speed of the arrow more than the three fletch? In a nutshell why 4 over 3?

-i- do 4 because (A)the weight, or lack of, i wanted on the back end of my arrow and (B) the surface area i wanted to have to achieve drag for a forgiving arrow was best facilitated with a 4 fletch of ff sk200's (4.4g apiece). i also like being able to nock without the need of looking at my vane orientation....

Back