Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

WyldGoose

FNG
Just pulled my latest project out of the mail today. It’s a stainless T3 action that I had rebarreled to 6CM.

The barrel is an 18” Ace in a Tikka Sporter contour, but I had it flared slightly at the muzzle to get 5/8-24 threads and a bit of a shoulder. I hope it shoots the 108 ELDM factory load well. Thanks to @wind gypsy for the tip on getting the SAAMI spec chamber. All I need now if for my other Rokstok to ship. I’m pumped!

View attachment 781541
View attachment 781542
Nice! What twist did you go with for that barrel?

Just pulled my latest project out of the mail today. It’s a stainless T3 action that I had rebarreled to 6CM.

The barrel is an 18” Ace in a Tikka Sporter contour, but I had it flared slightly at the muzzle to get 5/8-24 threads and a bit of a shoulder. I hope it shoots the 108 ELDM factory load well. Thanks to @wind gypsy for the tip on getting the SAAMI spec chamber. All I need now if for my other Rokstok to ship. I’m pumped!

View attachment 781541
View attachment 781542

View attachment 781543
What is the rebarrel process? Is your original barrel changed to a different caliber? I'm just confused on the process! I'm impatiently awaiting my first Tikka to show up in 243 with thoughts to eventually change to 6cm. The 243 is a 1/10 twist unfortunately but it'll work just fine for a while!

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

Encore4me

Lil-Rokslider
272c32abb58be8efbde36a5d50bc2048.jpg

Nightforce NX8 2.5-20
McMillen Mountain Stalker stock
DeadAir Nomad Ti xc suppressor
T3x Superlite 300 WM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 781541
View attachment 781542

View attachment 781543
Who did you have spin up that barrel?

Blaw

WKR
Needs rattle can badly.

16.5” 6.5cm threaded and adapted by Marty.
Scythe Ti
SWFA 10x
UM Mid Rings
UM level
RokStok
High Desert Linear BM
Factory 120 eld-m @ 2700 fps

7lb 14oz unspressed
8lb 6oz as shown
9lb 2oz w/ ill-fitting Gunwerks bipod

Worth noting that with a light scope, short barrel, and light suppressor, the 29oz Rokstok certainly results in a chunkier weight than one might expect from a compact carbon hunting rifle. That being said, I truly don't want to shoot my other stocks anymore (besides my Bravo and modified factory, but including the Phoenix 2, with which I was quite happy before for competition).

-J
how do you like shooting the 10x scope? I have the same but wonder if at 100 yards or less it may really suck?

FNG
IMG_4565.jpegIMG_4453.jpegIMG_4449.jpeg
Posted this build a while back but I’ve changed some components.

XLR Element chassis
Trijicon Tenmile HX 3-18x44
Area 419 picatinny rail
Area 419 Match scope rings
Area 419 Hellfire Match brake
Proof Research 22” 7PRC Sendero barrel
Gunwerks Elevate 2.0 Bipod

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
how do you like shooting the 10x scope? I have the same but wonder if at 100 yards or less it may really suck?
What I like about the SWFA fixed 10:

1) Known good
2) Simple
3) Good match of power and reticle design
4) Light
5) Inexpensive

What I dislike about it:

1) FOV even at 300 meters is too small for my liking. Makes me nervous, less about spotting impacts and more about tracking animal movement after the shot.

2) Absurdly tall turrets enable substantial elevator travel but are snaggy and bulky to sight over.

3) No zero stop (other than the washer hack.

4) Exposed unlocked elevation and windage (unless you just tape up the windage) train you to always check turret settings but aren’t the optimal design for field shooting.

Long story short, I’d throw another maven at this rifle, even with 7oz penalty, if I had a spare.

-J

pender1

FNG
I'm running a 10x SWFA as well, it's really not bad at close range. Most of the stands I hunt are <150yards and I dropped a buck at ~100 a few weeks ago. An adjustable would be nice just for sighting and tracking, but it's a good magnification for me at that range.