Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

TheViking

WKR
-Tikka Roughtech in 6.5cm Chopped to 20”and threaded. (4lbs 11oz)
-Mesa precision Altitude stock (32oz)
-Glades bolt hand and knob
-Talley lightweight low rings (2.5oz)
-Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x50 (25.7oz)

Weighs 8lbs 8oz. Could shave off some more weight with a Stockys and a smaller scope.

View attachment 770588

I have basically an identical setup, except in 6.5 PRC and I love it. I wanted a to shave some weight on another build so I built a 6 CM last winter with a Stockys and I don’t like it nearly as much as the Mesa/Pure Precision stock. Gun feels very front heavy and I don’t like that at all.

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
I have basically an identical setup, except in 6.5 PRC and I love it. I wanted a to shave some weight on another build so I built a 6 CM last winter with a Stockys and I don’t like it nearly as much as the Mesa/Pure Precision stock. Gun feels very front heavy and I don’t like that at all.
After this weekend, I have the same thoughts on the Stockys. I have a VG2 in a 700. Didn’t pay much attention to the the balance because I took a factory stock off and swapped immediately. Ended up selling that gun and had the stock laying around. This weekend my brother put together his new Impact and tried the Stockys on the gun. He didn’t like it and mentioned how front heavy it was. He ended up grabbing an AG Alpine Hunter, the balance was really nice and didn’t feel front heavy at all.