Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

TheTone

WKR
Such a great/terrible thread for me as a new tikka owner. I bought it with the intention of adding some custom features over time but this is an paralysis by analysis thread

Elite

WKR
Did some testing today for poi shift from the flush end cap versus the 5" reflex of my ab raptor 10. To my surprise I didn't observe any noticeable shift. The gun was zeroed with the flush end cap, today's zero check was in the 5" reflex (Big Black Can mode). In bbc mode it's 8lbs 8oz.
View attachment 722037
View attachment 722038

Only thing left is the rokstok.

Which stock is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottgolf

FNG
300 win mag
B@C stock
1:10 fluted barrel with brake
New bottom metal
Ziess victory

Attachments

• IMG_1412.jpeg
    IMG_1412.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 84
T3 6.5 x55 Swede that was my father and grandfather’s. It was due for an upgrade with the original stock and scope having issues. Cut to 19” and threaded. Banish backcountry can, RS1.2, and MDT HNT 26. The trigger spring replacement really makes a difference.

Attachments

• IMG_6299.jpeg
    IMG_6299.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
Did some testing today for poi shift from the flush end cap versus the 5" reflex of my ab raptor 10. To my surprise I didn't observe any noticeable shift. The gun was zeroed with the flush end cap, today's zero check was in the 5" reflex (Big Black Can mode). In bbc mode it's 8lbs 8oz.
View attachment 722037
View attachment 722038

Only thing left is the rokstok.
I haven't tried with and without reflex on mine. I hope I end up with the same poi.

cj1026

Lil-Rokslider
I've been watching this thread for a while . Some good looking rifles in here.
I figured it's time to post mine.

Tikka T3 300 WSM
Manners stock
22" 1:10 McGowan fluted barrel with brake. Chamber cut by my gunsmith.
Can't remember what I did to the trigger but it crisp and lite.
Changed out the SA bolt catch for a LA catch and run 300 WM mags. Helps with the loads.
Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x50 TMOA

Have 2 loads worked up for it. 166 HH and 150 TTSX. The TTSX load shoots just as good as the 166 HH.

Attachments

• IMG_9335.jpeg
    IMG_9335.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_8887.jpeg
    IMG_8887.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_9295.jpeg
    IMG_9295.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

BurtonGus

FNG
I have a Tikka T3 not the the T3x. Would you guys consider the smaller ejection port a big enough downside to not customize it? If you don’t have boat loads of cash and can only really customize one gun a decade, would you guys only rebuild a T3x or are the differences in the T3 negligible?
Sorry if this has already been addressed in the sea of 132 pages?

Packmansion

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Tikka T3 not the the T3x. Would you guys consider the smaller ejection port a big enough downside to not customize it? If you don’t have boat loads of cash and can only really customize one gun a decade, would you guys only rebuild a T3x or are the differences in the T3 negligible?
Idk if this will help you because I have never owned a T3, I do know that all parts are compatible between T3 and T3x. If you ever want to you could always move everything over to a T3x later. I personally do not do a lot of single feeding and I'm not sure the T3x has any major advantages, I could be wrong. I'd say build away.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I've been watching this thread for a while . Some good looking rifles in here.
I figured it's time to post mine.

Tikka T3 300 WSM
Manners stock
22" 1:10 McGowan fluted barrel with brake. Chamber cut by my gunsmith.
Can't remember what I did to the trigger but it crisp and lite.
Changed out the SA bolt catch for a LA catch and run 300 WM mags. Helps with the loads.
Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x50 TMOA

Have 2 loads worked up for it. 166 HH and 150 TTSX. The TTSX load shoots just as good as the 166 HH.

Great looking and shooting rifle. How do 300 WSM cartridges feed in the 300 WM magazine? Any modifications necessary?

Packmansion

Lil-Rokslider
Great looking and shooting rifle. How do 300 WSM cartridges feed in the 300 WM magazine? Any modifications necessary?
does not work in the 300 wm magazine, either need oem 300 wsm (short mag box) or Mountain Tactical, hells canyon or DIY solution.

Packmansion

Lil-Rokslider
Zero mods to the mag.
With the factory magazine I’ve had zero issues. With a aftermarket magazine I had occasional feeding problems.
How are you doing that? I tried the 300 wm magazine and it jams everytime... seriously every single time. Also loading it is a pain as well the spring gets funy and kick up in the back.

AKG

FNG
I went from 7 rem mag t3 to 6.5 prc with no issues.

cj1026

Lil-Rokslider
How are you doing that? I tried the 300 wm magazine and it jams everytime... seriously every single time. Also loading it is a pain as well the spring gets funy and kick up in the back.
I don’t know what I’m doing that’s special to get it to work. I’ll look at the mag closer when I get a chance and see if anything stands out about it.