Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

cj1026

Lil-Rokslider
How are you doing that? I tried the 300 wm magazine and it jams everytime... seriously every single time. Also loading it is a pain as well the spring gets funy and kick up in the back.
So I inspected the magazine closer. It's a factory Tikka long action mag. I've done zero to it and have no problems.

Packmansion

Lil-Rokslider
So I inspected the magazine closer. It's a factory Tikka long action mag. I've done zero to it and have no problems.
Factory or handloads? My loads are looong... i have a .2 freebore and im almost at 3.34 touching the lands...

WW2 Buff

FNG
I just tried epoxy bedding a factory stock for the first time. Filled in the voids with some painters tape to reduce the epoxy volume and weight.

Front (before and after)
View attachment 723742
View attachment 723743

Rear tang (before and

I just tried epoxy bedding a factory stock for the first time. Filled in the voids with some painters tape to reduce the epoxy volume and weight.

Front (before and after)
View attachment 723742
View attachment 723743

Rear tang (before and after)
View attachment 723744
View attachment 723745
Any improvement in accuracy?

Antares

WKR
Any improvement in accuracy?

I’m not sure. It wasn’t having issues before and I haven’t shot it since. I was opening the barrel channel and I just decided to do it since I already had the stock in the vise. I mostly wanted to see what it would look like and to see if I could do it cleanly without any major voids/air pockets.

This is the stock reassembled on a .308 Win.

IMG_2731.jpeg

cj1026

Lil-Rokslider
Yea just a sanity check i tried again... jam everytime. I tried 2 different magazines...
I’ll look to see if I have an extra one. If I do I’ll send it to you.

The funny thing, I put a 300 wm round in the mag I use. There is no way it would feed. The belted part of the case gets stuck every time.

I thought Tikka use to have 2 long action magazines options. One for 30-06 etc. and one for 300 wm. Now I just see one mag for all long action calibers.

eightyeight mag

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll look to see if I have an extra one. If I do I’ll send it to you.

The funny thing, I put a 300 wm round in the mag I use. There is no way it would feed. The belted part of the case gets stuck every time.

I thought Tikka use to have 2 long action magazines options. One for 30-06 etc. and one for 300 wm. Now I just see one mag for all long action calibers.
There is a 6.5 prc tikka mag. Works with wsm rounds.