Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Ugh... so jealous. That is excellent. I want the exact same, but I would probably keep it in the factory stock just for weight. You shooting 108s?
Has yet to be fired, just bolted things together today. Right now I've got a handful of norma golden target 107 and berger 95 classic hunter (was on clearance) factory fodder to shoot. Don't even have creedmoor dies yet so we'll see.

Goal is to just shoot positionally a lot at 100/200 yard range by my house so the cheapest factory ammo that works for that goal will get the nod. Guessing it'll be hornady black 105 bthp or norma GT 107s.

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
Here's one I did up as a scouting trip rifle. I typically would carry a pistol or nothing but figured when I'm least planning on it it's when I'm most likely to find a wolf or some other non target animal I may want to take.
Started as a factory fluted blued 6.5 creedmoor superlite.
I had the barrel cut down 2.5 inches and threaded, cut down a 4 port ti pro tiny muzzle break to a 2 port, machined the top rail off the action added a Lumley bolt shroud, mtn gear titanium bolt and topped it with swfa 3-9 in sports match rings, victor company cheek riser, salmon River solutions arca pic rail and had it cerakoted.View attachment 550769View attachment 550770View attachment 550771View attachment 550772View attachment 550773
View attachment 550780

What’s that setup weigh? Pretty nice

Latest Tikka toy. 18” #4 benchmark in 6 creedmoor, 7 twist. I had the factory 6.5 creed barrel chopped at 18” and threaded as well.

Purpose is to be able to shoot factory ammo to avoid the load bench and hunt MN whitetails. All my other bolt guns are magnums for western hunts, a gamer gun, and a 223. All basically in handload only chamberings (besides the .223). I have a 3-9 SS and sportsmatch rings that will probably get on this later this summer but the LRHS2 has been sitting in a box for too long and I wanted to play with it a bit.
View attachment 550811
Hot!

Mine is planning a smith trip next week to get chopped to 16” for a can for Easter whitetail pastures

Been looking to build something for the range/occasional hunt. Fan of the the KRG bravo. Any other chassis recs?

Real hard to beat the bravo when price is a consideration at all and you can mod them up however you want. I halfass want to to send my weighted down MPA BA comp down the road for another bravo.

Technically a "custom" Tikka, I wanted a left hand 260 Rem so I got a great deal on a RH gun and had a gunsmith put the barrel on a lightly used left hand gun he had come in. The gun shoots really well and I'm happy with how it turned out. I bought a M+ magazine and modified the bolt stop myself. Works perfectly with the way it's throated and highly recommend those with the 308 family rounds to do the same.
View attachment 508374
Nilgai?

zandroid

FNG
Nice. I was able to shoot a bit today and like it. The minimalist recoil pad provides decent enough reduction. And it’s light weight.

I’ll probably sponge paint it soon just like I did you sporter version from them.
I saw earlier in this thread that you had a Stocky's CF in the sporter version. How is the reach from the pistol grip to the trigger on those? All of the pictures I have seen of the Stocky's makes the distance from the trigger to pistol grip appear larger than the stock Tikka synthetic stocks.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I saw earlier in this thread that you had a Stocky's CF in the sporter version. How is the reach from the pistol grip to the trigger on those? All of the pictures I have seen of the Stocky's makes the distance from the trigger to pistol grip appear larger than the stock Tikka synthetic stocks.
I haven’t notice it bother me and I’m fairly small build/hands. I’ll try and take some pictures tomorrow.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Pictures below. I compared with the factory VG grip on and the normal.

With the VG grip on, the sporter stocky model is a bit longer to the trigger.

With the std grip on, they are very close (within 1/4” or so).

I lined up the BM inlets to make sure we were comparing apples to apples.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• IMG_7369.jpeg
    IMG_7369.jpeg
    412.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_7370.jpeg
    IMG_7370.jpeg
    265.4 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_7371.jpeg
    IMG_7371.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_7372.jpeg
    IMG_7372.jpeg
    387.7 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

2-Stix

WKR
7rm veil wideland w/ Leupold vx5 3-15 boone
6.5 cm compact stock on a lightweight stainless - had the barrel cut 2", threaded and timed with a Holland break w/ Leupold vx3 4.5-14
.308 win lightweight stainless - had the barrel, bolt release, bolt shroud and bolt handle knob cerakoted w/ Leupold vx3 3.5x10

All (3) have painted stocks (used the ultra flat, then the rough texture specs then matte clear), limbsaver, talley lightweight low, Mountain Tactical; recoil lug, bottom metal, action screws, mags (not in photos), bolt handle knob (except the 7rm), bolt release & bolt shroud (except the 6.5), tikka vert grip, 2# set trigger pull, talon rubberized grip tape (need to add to the 7rm)

I got my bases covered for my species I hunt.

tikka.jpg

Last edited:

zandroid

FNG
Pictures below. I compared with the factory VG grip on and the normal.

With the VG grip on, the sporter stocky model is a bit longer to the trigger.

With the std grip on, they are very close (within 1/4” or so).

I lined up the BM inlets to make sure we were comparing apples to apples.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for posting those pics. That's a big help. How do you like the Stocky's CF VG compared to the Stocky's CF Sporter? I will mainly use this as a hunting rifle, but I do like the hand position on the VG Tikka synthetic stock. Thanks again for the pics.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I don’t have a ton of experience in the field with either. I do have a few some shooting done on both and have hunted a bit with the sporter.

I like them both. Sporter is about 2oz less of that maters. The fit on both was nearly identical. Not perfect (1/8” from BM flush or so) but good enough IMO.

Recoil pads are small, but seem to work well enough.

I got the VG on a heavier kicking rifle (5.8lb 7wsm) so I do think it absorbs recoil due to hand position a tad better.

For a hunting rig, the sporter probably my preference.