Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

gerry35

WKR
Finally got my barrel. Haven’t shot it yet but happy how it turned out.

Right at 5.75lbs with mag (no scope).

Specs:
C6 20” 7WSM featherweight barrel (38.2oz)
Stockys VG stock (23oz)
Trijicon 2.5-15 Scope in Talley LW.
Omega 300 suppressor
Super nice. Can't believe how light you got it. Pretty tough to beat a fast 7mm for all around use.
Got my Carbon 6 300 WSM prefit installed today. View attachment 547573
Some beauties on this thread. Love the 300 WSM.

270quest

WKR
Not really a "custom" but a new one to the stable. 6.5 superlite, warne bases, rings, Leupold VX3HD 3.5-10X40. Rifle does have a vertical grip and I skim bedded it. Only thing I have left is to cut the LOP down to 13.5" and install a Mnt Tac bolt handle/knob.

My son will shoot this and will also be an extra gun at camp. Just a pure hunting rifle. Will shoot 139 and 123 scenars - " I have heard they kill ok...lololol"

Finally got my barrel. Haven’t shot it yet but happy how it turned out.

Right at 5.75lbs with mag (no scope).

Specs:
C6 20” 7WSM featherweight barrel (38.2oz)
Stockys VG stock (23oz)
Trijicon 2.5-15 Scope in Talley LW.
Omega 300 suppressor
How do you like the stockys stock? Was thinking about picking one up

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
Got my Carbon 6 300 WSM prefit installed today.

As an additional note; this was my first time swapping a tikka barrel. I wasn’t sure how it was going to go pulling the factory barrel after reading some of the horror stories. It spun right off for me. Used a PMA Gen 2 barrel vise with the barrel wrapped in paper and a wheeler action wrench.

As an additional note; this was my first time swapping a tikka barrel. I wasn’t sure how it was going to go pulling the factory barrel after reading some of the horror stories. It spun right off for me. Used a PMA Gen 2 barrel vise with the barrel wrapped in paper and a wheeler action wrench.
That’s good to hear, I’m thinking about a barrel swap and was definitely worried about that. I’ll look into that vise

That’s good to hear, I’m thinking about a barrel swap and was definitely worried about that. I’ll look into that vise

I have the bald eagle vise on a square tube that goes on my truck hitch. Mine came off pretty easy with a 2 ft cheater pipe on a wheeler universal action wrench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sled

WKR

Kind of hit or miss on torque ft lbs. Some headspace up with low torque and others get hydraulics involved.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Kind of hit or miss on torque ft lbs. Some headspace up with low torque and others get hydraulics involved.
I needed a cheater bar to get my new barrel to headspace to .005” (off go gauge). So completely concur.

Tahoe1305

WKR
It is. A carbon 6. Second 7wsm I’ve had. First one was a savage prefit (headspace by barrel nut so adjustable a bit). This one is .002” different than that one they way I have them set.

morgaj1

WKR
How do you like the stockys stock? Was thinking about picking one up
I'm not Tahoe, but I have a Stocky's VG on a Tikka and one on a Howa. I really like them, light weight, fits me well. Finish is not quite as good as a Manners, but not as pricey either.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I'm not Tahoe, but I have a Stocky's VG on a Tikka and one on a Howa. I really like them, light weight, fits me well. Finish is not quite as good as a Manners, but not as pricey either.
Nice. I was able to shoot a bit today and like it. The minimalist recoil pad provides decent enough reduction. And it’s light weight.

I’ll probably sponge paint it soon just like I did you sporter version from them.

Attachments

• 69137921685__EAAFA252-E18A-4780-960D-B1D626928E2A.jpeg
    69137921685__EAAFA252-E18A-4780-960D-B1D626928E2A.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 204
Thanks for the info, definitely like the price tag more than the manners

Quick question, I’ve replaced the stocks on 2 of three tikkas and am working on a new build. Is there any reason other than cool factor and ergonomics that I “should” replace the factory stock?