Let my ONx expire. Anyone using GoHunt? good and the bad?

repins05

WKR
Let my Onx expire. Need to re up something and was looking at Go Hunt. Anybody have both or have used both? Thoughts?

I have had Onx for years. Have way points marked out but I can get to all of them without Onx ..... and the free version of Onx still shows the way points anyways. So this won't be a factor for me.

wapitibob

WKR
Hunting out West? I've had them all and always go back to OnX. Get the trials and look at the imagery for where you will hunt, it makes a difference.

bmart2622

WKR
Ive never used Go Hunt before but a few years ago I switched from Onx to BaseMaps, at the time BaseMaps had better maps but I think Onx uses the same maps now. Between the 2, I cant say that either one is better or worse

SkyHunter

FNG
I've never used OnX, but I've been using GoHunt for a few years and have been pleased overall. Mapping and features are decent, and they are continually coming out with new features such as the offline waypoint sharing that they just released.

The GoHunt store partners with GovX so that could be a plus if you qualify. I haven't needed their customer service much, but I've received stellar service each time that I have.

Loo.wii

WKR
Go hunt is of questionable quality. I like their analytics but the maps app is trash in my opinion. Many times ive been out in the woods and once i lose reception the app kicks me out despite having my maps downloaded

archp625

WKR
Go hunt is of questionable quality. I like their analytics but the maps app is trash in my opinion. Many times ive been out in the woods and once i lose reception the app kicks me out despite having my maps downloaded
Agree with you. There online mapping is pretty awesome but there mobile offline is horrible. I have used every company minus Spartan Forge against my brother who has always stuck with OnX on our hunts together. I am not a OnX user for life unless something better comes along.

I've used them and most others. I've always gone back to onx. It just works better for me and is easier to navigate in my opinion.
Only one I haven't used is spartan forged

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
I am an advocate for both… almost always a good discount on GoHunt where it is too cheap not to have some of the added tools.
I especially like the 3D capacity, slope features, and content on GoHunt but the phone based maps are often clearer on OnX.

Used onX for years and still have it. Been using GOHUNT a couple and have moved to it most all the time. I still like to have a second source to look at some things so will probably keep onX for that.

I have had some offline maps issues with both in the past. They have both been solid for a good while for me.

I think a lot of the complaints are that using the two maps apps is both the same and different. If you are used to onX GOHUNT feels weird. Took me a bit to get as comfortable with it.

I do like all the additional features of GOHUNT though.

WyoKid

WKR
Check out Gaia if you don't need hunting statistics and just need maps and overlays. The premium with all features is reasonably priced.

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
I’m using gohunt mostly but just got Spartan forge and it’s pretty awesome. I will say that OnX was better than both in the layering in my opinion. I’m of the mindset that you should have multiple mapping programs at your fingertips.

Gaia has tripled their price in 2 years, so I'll be trying go hunt this fall. Never really liked onx for the cost.

I keep trying to get away from onX as I don’t use any of the other features they offer and prefer GOHUNT for those but as far as mapping on my phone onX just seems to do it better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
The 3D pivot and spin you can do on GoHunt on a laptop for research is worth the price of admission in my view

jolemons

WKR
I exclusively used the GoHunt mapping app for all of 2023 and canceled OnX. I spent a lot of time emailing their tech support team on various app bugs. The good is that they were always responsive, the bad is that the app never seemed to improve. I went back to OnX for 2024 until GoHunt improves the android app.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
I exclusively used the GoHunt mapping app for all of 2023 and canceled OnX. I spent a lot of time emailing their tech support team on various app bugs. The good is that they were always responsive, the bad is that the app never seemed to improve. I went back to OnX for 2024 until GoHunt improves the android app.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

They're still missing a NE Oregon unit's TMA info and have been told 3 times over the last cpl years.

WyoKid

WKR
I know Gaia has increased their price but IMHO if you just need mapping, private/public, and roads and trails, it is still cheaper than onX or GoHunt. Gaia also has a bunch of useful layers like slope, snowfall, cell coverage, and nautical and others that I sometimes use. Tried both OnX and GoHunt each for a year but still like Gaia as the premium is all inclusive for all states/hunting units and even has international mapping - I used it in Africa this year.