Leofoto LQ-284C killer deal on eBay

xziang

WKR
Xz I have that one and am looking to upgrade with the 284C. It is great light tripod.
Thanks for input. Ended up getting the one I posted. Just can't justify close to 200 right now. The carbon fiber I believe is heavier on the other one plus the head is bigger too so probably more stable.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
They also make a 284 with upgraded "waterproof" twist locks, unfortantely only in blue for similar price on Ebay. Happy with mine so far

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
They also have the 364 tripod with the MA-30 (RRS Anvil knock-off) head in stock.

SloppyJ

WKR
Found this dude which is what I was looking for with the leveling head for half price brand new. Should be here next week.

PistolPete

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but can these tripod legs be removed to use as trekking poles/tent poles? I've seen a few odd contraptions to convert trekking poles to tripods, but what about the other way around?

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but can these tripod legs be removed to use as trekking poles/tent poles? I've seen a few odd contraptions to convert trekking poles to tripods, but what about the other way around?
No, they are not removable like some, but they are tough, and pretty well built. Leofoto makes Leupold, Vortex, and Gunwerks tripods for them.

Cwillimon

FNG
I bought the 364 with the anvil knock off head. I think this is a good option if you don’t want to break the bank

Has anyone compared the 284C to the Sirui TS-124? Specs seem similar or if anyone has compared leofoto with Sirui which one you prefer.

Bbrinks

FNG
Is there anything you want to see in particular? I have the 284C as well as the 364C and the build quality is just as good or better than my Siriu (T-024sk, not TS-124). My one gripe is the LH-36 ball head isn’t super smooth, but having the swappable center column is great, and the 284C with the VA-5 head is a great combo, just a bit heavy for to backpack in with at 3.5lbs.

Is there anything you want to see in particular? I have the 284C as well as the 364C and the build quality is just as good or better than my Siriu (T-024sk, not TS-124). My one gripe is the LH-36 ball head isn’t super smooth, but having the swappable center column is great, and the 284C with the VA-5 head is a great combo, just a bit heavy for to backpack in with at 3.5lbs.
Thank you! My main question is if there is a big difference between then 284C and Sirui 124. Specs look similar but do you think they are in same ballpark build quality? If leofoto was leaps ahead I would swing that way. Thanks!

KU_Geo

WKR
Missed out on the lq 284c. Anyone have one that they decide they don’t want to keep?

Last edited: