Leica CRF Pro Rangefinder

Can you get the angle reading when in EHR mode on the Leica CRF-Pro or CRF-R? Maybe on a 2nd screen or 2nd button push?

Someone said above that you can get the angle on the sig units but that is only in LOS mode, NOT EHR mode!

OP
autumnaspens
Can you get the angle reading when in EHR mode on the Leica CRF-Pro or CRF-R? Maybe on a 2nd screen or 2nd button push?

Someone said above that you can get the angle on the sig units but that is only in LOS mode, NOT EHR mode!
I don't own the crf-r, but can confirm the crf pro shows the angle if you double click the mode button in addition to all the other data it reads (temperature, pressure, bearing). I would expect the crf-r does show the angle with a single mode button press, but that is just me guessing based upon that being the new replacement of the 2400R, which I have used.

All the sig kilo units I've looked through give you the degree of angle on screen when in angle compensation mode, similar to the leupolds, so not sure of that discrepancy.

Sometimes you just gotta try and put your hands on these different units (even if it means ordering them) and look through them to see what's really what as far as features and what suits your needs best.

Last edited:
Still no ETA on the replacement unit. I'm elk hunting in September so frustration is creeping in.

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
Can't get my new CRF-Pro to calibrate. All software/firmware updated, but it will not pass the compass calibration. Keeps saying "calibration failed" then "calibrate again". It's almost bow season and I may just run it as is until after bow season. The Pro Track mapping feature would be nice, but it's not gonna make or break an archery elk hunt. Will see where I get with customer support tomorrow during open hours.

Attachments

• IMG_2193.PNG
    IMG_2193.PNG
    104 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2194.PNG
    IMG_2194.PNG
    22.2 KB · Views: 11

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Can't get my new CRF-Pro to calibrate. All software/firmware updated, but it will not pass the compass calibration. Keeps saying "calibration failed" then "calibrate again". It's almost bow season and I may just run it as is until after bow season. The Pro Track mapping feature would be nice, but it's not gonna make or break an archery elk hunt. Will see where I get with customer support tomorrow during open hours.
HUGE pain in the ass to get that to take, I’ll bet it was 20 minutes of spinning it every which way before it would work.

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
We'll Leica finally called back today. I spoke with Brian Roy (He/Him) the Technical Manager for Leica Camera Inc. He said that when speaking to his team they said they seen where the users weren't pressing the Range button on the device after the first step of 2 rotations within 20 seconds. So I tried that, and yes it moved to the "next" rotation step, the same way it would if I pressed "next" after the 2 rotations. Then after the final step rotation I pressed the Range button again and it failed calibration. I tried it multiple times. I also tried pressing the "end calibration" also resulting in a failed calibration.

I now am waiting on a call/email back from:
"If you have any remaining questions feel free to contact our sport optics education manager Hamilton Boykin, who I’ve copied on this email. He can also be reached by phone at843-532-2472." Brian Roy (He/Him)

I did try speeding up, it still didn’t pass. Also tried every variation of sequence I could come up with. See photo.

Let ya know what I hear next.

Attachments

• image0(3).jpeg
    image0(3).jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
Well the night before the Leica Rep was to call me and figure something out. I tried to calibrate it "one last time". I half heartily flipped and spun the dang thing around like I didn't care or expect anything different the 30th time trying. WALLA "Device Calibration Successful". Rep called today, and explained that "you don't need to be overly gentle with them...they are made by German Engineers for Hard-Headed Germans." Go Figure

Sill nothing on my replacement unit. I see stores that have them in-stock now. I'll call tomorrow. It seems ridiculous they can't give me an ETA.

Are y’all’s CRF pros slow to range multiple times? After I range something, it’s about 2.5 seconds before I can range again. I previously had an older sig and a maven rf1 that would range as fast a you could push the button.

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
Are y’all’s CRF pros slow to range multiple times? After I range something, it’s about 2.5 seconds before I can range again. I previously had an older sig and a maven rf1 that would range as fast a you could push the button.
It's not gonna win any races, that's for sure. But I noticed a lot better reaction time, and swapping to constant ranges got faster after I installed the needed software updates.

I'm happy to report the replacement CRF-Pro is brighter and seems to be working correctly. I'll be able to check angles better later today. In bright sunlight, brightness level 5 is more than adequate against white doors and light colored backgrounds. I'm optimistic I have a winner!

I'm not happy I had to pay for ballistic features to get a non-delayed EHR and crisp warm glass in a rangefinder for bowhunting. But I'll get over that real quick once I start hunting with it.

I probably won't play around with bluetooth connectivity or ballistics until my archery season has ended.

FrankAbagnale

Lil-Rokslider
I'm happy to report the replacement CRF-Pro is brighter and seems to be working correctly. I'll be able to check angles better later today. In bright sunlight, brightness level 5 is more than adequate against white doors and light colored backgrounds. I'm optimistic I have a winner!

I'm not happy I had to pay for ballistic features to get a non-delayed EHR and crisp warm glass in a rangefinder for bowhunting. But I'll get over that real quick once I start hunting with it.

I probably won't play around with bluetooth connectivity or ballistics until my archery season has ended.
That’s great! Appreciate you updating us!

RyanC

WKR

I bought this rangefinder recently. I'm curious if the brightness of the readout in the display varies depending on the sun. In my few times I've taken it out on my local archery course, if I range a target with the sun at my back, the yardage is very dim and hard to see. Facing the sun or the sun to my side, the yardage comes out nice and bright. Seems weird to me but wondering if anyone else is having the same issue or if there is an issue with this unit like you had.

I’m also having issues with the brightness, I called Leica and they said the LEDs will dim automatically depending on how much light is getting into the front lens. I had originally thought something was loose inside mine because every time I would range something at a slightly downward angle, it would be much dimmer than if the rangefinder was parallel with the ground. After playing around with mine it seems like the auto dimming is way too sensitive.