Leica 2800.com Custom Ballistic Issues

I just upgraded from a CRF 2000-B to a new 2800.com in order to use the onboard Custom Ballistic Profiles.

The rangefinder will output a solution for any one of the 12 generic profiles, but will not for my Custom Profile that I set up on the app. Once transferred to the 2800, it will give me the yardage, but then when it should be showing the solution, all it will show is “ - - - “.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and know of a fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
Found what was wrong. Not only do you have to Transfer Settings under the Settings tab on the app, you also have to Transfer to Device And Save at the bottom of the solutions page that you get to through the Ballistics tab.

It’s kind of a crude app and not apparent that you have to do two separate transfers from different parts of the app to get your Custom Profile working.

Hopefully this will save someone else an hour of frustration, as I’ve already taken care of that part.

Hey man, just got the 2800.com and having the same exact issue you had sounds like. Tried what you said to do and it still wont spit out a moa correction just the - - - You still having issues?

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
Hey man, just got the 2800.com and having the same exact issue you had sounds like. Tried what you said to do and it still wont spit out a moa correction just the - - - You still having issues?

I’m not having any issues. I thought there might be a glitch in the software, but it was just operator error. You might try starting from the beginning and following what I described exactly. There’s a good chance that your missing something like I was.

Yeah dang it tried that too, removed battery, deleted/redownloaded app, and went thru your steps again with no luck I’ll try gettin ahold of leica in the mornin i guess

How do you guys get the custom ballistics to work? Here's the error I'm getting:
View attachment 444126

You have 4 characters after the decimal.

You have to enter this exact character string “0.000” no more no less. I tried .470 for so long then added the 0.470 and it worked.

This is how I tweak it though to get the curve to match close to Applied Ballistics custom CDM out to 800 yards.

SPDSpappy

FNG
You have 4 characters after the decimal.

You have to enter this exact character string “0.000” no more no less. I tried .470 for so long then added the 0.470 and it worked.

This is how I tweak it though to get the curve to match close to Applied Ballistics custom CDM out to 800 yards.
You're exactly right!!! WOOHOO!!! I figured it was something stupid like this. Why don't they put this in the instructions? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!