Legalized robbery that needs to stop.

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like wyoming residents get a good return on there investment to me haha. Not our fault you all make bad decisions where you live.....we also give out the lowest rate of public welfare shown earlier in this thread so at least the extra money we get goes to thing that have value Healthcare, school systems, roads so you guy can get to your favorite hunting locations when you draw tags and the 6 million tourist that come to wyoming every year and do way more for wyoming then most of you complaining do
Public education and healthcare are local public amenities that mostly don't benefit NR's at all. That's schools and hospitals for those interpreting the data posted. The two people care most about.

"Public Welfare" is just an ancillary bucket for the rest of the "public services" that receive fed funding, they simply aren't itemized in the graph for conciseness.

WY has double the educational and healthcare spending of the rest of the country, AND double the fed funding for it. It's a benefit to you, but everyone else pays for it. Just own it. You have great roads to get the 10% allocation tag holders (who pay for 77% of your wildlife management) to your honey holes? So, that means we shouldn't point out the truth of where your funding comes from? That is a weak argument. But, I do like your roads.

In addition, NR's do way more for WY wildlife management than res, hands down. By miles. Inside the licensing system (WGFD revenue) and outside (fed grants and gen funding). Pick any financial data set on the subject you want to and post it. Let's see what you come up with. WGFD has their own financial in-house data right on their website for you.

And, I ain't complaining. If it mattered that much to me, I'd move to Wyoming. I just cant stand those in WY stating they aren't getting a disproportionate amount of federal aid. Own it, instead of denying it and then acting smug about it.

KurtR

WKR
Public education and healthcare are local public amenities that mostly don't benefit NR's at all. That's schools and hospitals for those interpreting the data posted. The two people care most about.

"Public Welfare" is just an ancillary bucket for the rest of the "public services" that receive fed funding, they simply aren't itemized in the graph for conciseness.

WY has double the educational and healthcare spending of the rest of the country, AND double the fed funding for it. It's a benefit to you, but everyone else pays for it. Just own it. You have great roads to get the 10% allocation tag holders (who pay for 77% of your wildlife management) to your honey holes? So, that means we shouldn't point out the truth of where your funding comes from? That is a weak argument. But, I do like your roads.

In addition, NR's do way more for WY wildlife management than res, hands down. By miles. Inside the licensing system (WGFD revenue) and outside (fed grants and gen funding). Pick any financial data set on the subject you want to and post it. Let's see what you come up with. WGFD has their own financial in-house data right on their website for you.

And, I ain't complaining. If it mattered that much to me, I'd move to Wyoming. I just cant stand those in WY stating they aren't getting a disproportionate amount of federal aid. Own it, instead of denying it and then acting smug about it.
You haven’t drove very many roads in Wyoming. Rattle your fillings out .

wyogoat

WKR

Since you just won’t effing stop with this! It’s not smug! This is 20 seconds of “research” which from what I can tell is all you’ve put into it.IMG_4951.pngIMG_4952.png

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved

wyogoat

WKR
My point is there is a point and counter point to everything. You can provide data and I can provide data that refutes yours. This can go on forever. Maybe you guys are right on some things. Which I admit. Maybe I’m right on some things. Which you don’t admit. I just don’t get the bitterness.
I saw his data and if you delve deeper there are some answers. Wyoming is unique in his per capita argument and those are ignored. We can keep this going forever.
Don’t come here and support the welfare of this state and I’ll thank you for your federal dollar contributions.
In the meantime…IMG_4953.jpeg

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
My point is there is a point and counter point to everything.
It doesn't mean either is valid. Save the post modernism for gender studies.

You can provide data and I can provide data that refutes yours. This can go on forever.
You've provided zero data unless I've missed something. And no the screen shot from your google search results doesn't count.

Maybe I’m right on some things. Which you don’t admit. I just don’t get the bitterness.
On what exactly? You haven't put forth any arguments other than to try and pick apart the stats others have cited through technically faulty arguments. Again, unless I've missed it. If so, please paint me the fool.

I'm sorry, but I have no interest in handing out participation trophies, so some people don't get their feelings hurt.

I saw his data and if you delve deeper there are some answers.
Please, enlighten us. I'm all ears or eyes in this case.

You and some of the other WY residents here take us presenting this data as us trying to denigrate you. I haven't seen anybody doing that as of yet. I haven't even seen anyone argue that WY shouldn't be getting those federal dollars. It's simply an argument that maybe your not as entitled to your residency benefits as you think you are. Maybe NRs are entitled to be treated a little more fairly. Imagine paying someone's mortgage and then being charged a premium to hunt on that land.

It doesn't mean either is valid. Save the post modernism for gender studies.

You've provided zero data unless I've missed something. And no the screen shot from your google search results doesn't count.

On what exactly? You haven't put forth any arguments other than to try and pick apart the stats others have cited through technically faulty arguments. Again, unless I've missed it. If so, please paint me the fool.

I'm sorry, but I have no interest in handing out participation trophies, so some people don't get their feelings hurt.

Please, enlighten us. I'm all ears or eyes in this case.

You and some of the other WY residents here take us presenting this data as us trying to denigrate you. I haven't seen anybody doing that as of yet. I haven't even seen anyone argue that WY shouldn't be getting those federal dollars. It's simply an argument that maybe your not as entitled to your residency benefits as you think you are. Maybe NRs are entitled to be treated a little more fairly. Imagine paying someone's mortgage and then being charged a premium to hunt on that land.
if you don’t like it don’t spend your money there or in any other western state… it’s a pretty easy concept! 🤷🏼 good luck in whatever you’re trying to accomplish because you non res aren’t going to change what any western states want to or are going to do

Archer86

WKR

I am assuming you didn't read the post your quoted. I clearly said it's not wyoming residents fault we get a better return on our investment. I understand we get plenty of federal funding. I find it funny that you think that nr hunters are all the source of that.

The nr hunters pay more taxes is dumb there is what about 180,000 nr that apply and buy points in wyoming how many millions of other tax payers are in our country that don't hunt if you think you as a nr hunter should have a have a better tag allocation maybe we should ask the other even 200 million non hunters if nr should even be able to trophy hunt out state because that is how they would spin it. They all pay more taxes so they should have a say correct?

Wyoming spends spends significantly less in public welfare that includes Medicare, food stamp programs and general public welfare services no matter how you want to spin it thats a FACT.

Nr license funding does supply alot of money to support fish and game. So what thats a horse that has been beat beyond dead by nr. in return for there money they get close to 50 thousand big game tags for that money.

kind of sounds like you are complaining but it can be hard to tell on a forum

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
if you don’t like it don’t spend your money there or in any other western state… it’s a pretty easy concept! 🤷🏼 good luck in whatever you’re trying to accomplish because you non res aren’t going to change what any western states want to or are going to do
No actually it's not an easy concept.
1. I don't get to choice where my tax dollars are spent. However, I can lobby my congressmen to send less to WY. Maybe we cut a deal, they agree to give less to WY and I agree to support them sending more money to Ukraine.
2. The are resources on federal lands I would like to hunt, but I can't do that without making extortion payments to WY.

Hnthrdr

WKR
No actually it's not an easy concept.
1. I don't get to choice where my tax dollars are spent. However, I can lobby my congressmen to send less to WY. Maybe we cut a deal, they agree to give less to WY and I agree to support them sending more money to Ukraine.
2. The are resources on federal lands I would like to hunt, but I can't do that without making extortion payments to WY.
1. Please go Lobby your congressman to send less to Wyo and more to Ukraine… haha oh wait they are already doing that
2. Here is a solutions stop sending money to Wyo then, plenty of game to hunt all over the US probably even in the state that you reside in

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
Don't really know what all the complaining is about, Wyoming has one of the least expensive NR elk tag cost in the west. Obviously not talking about the Special, $707 is pretty damn cheap for a NR elk tag, no mortgage required, nor an arm or a leg, just cut out the daily latte and you are there. Washington is one of the few that is cheaper and you would have to be stupid to come to Washington as a NR.

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Don't really know what all the complaining is about, Wyoming has one of the least expensive NR elk tag cost in the west. Obviously not talking about the Special, $707 is pretty damn cheap for a NR elk tag, no mortgage required, nor an arm or a leg, just cut out the daily latte and you are there. Washington is one of the few that is cheaper and you would have to be stupid to come to Washington as a NR.
That's fair. I would like to pay less, but my issue has little to do with the cost and much more to do with the tag allocation and being discriminated against on land I have equal right to.

I think most of the other arguments are a push back against WY residents telling us NRs that we're entitled to nothing and should be thankful for what we do get.

wyogoat

WKR
That's fair. I would like to pay less, but my issue has little to do with the cost and much more to do with the tag allocation and being discriminated against on land I have equal right to.

I think most of the other arguments are a push back against WY residents telling us NRs that we're entitled to nothing and should be thankful for what we do get.
I think you’re certainly entitled for clarification purposes. Except on wilderness which is the only exception and that’s set by the state. Any WY resident would keep up the fight for that.
There is an amazing amount of federal land you can hunt so you may not be aware that the wilderness areas are the only place you’d be restricted which is a pretty small percentage of land. Hell, PM and I’ll tell you some great federal elk spots.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I’m not a Wyoming resident, I think what they do it fair… I even have Wyoming points… I do think the wilderness rule is super silly, but really Wyoming can do what they like. If I was so damned concerned with hunting in Wyoming I would move there, if I get to hunt there once every 5-10 years great, I hunt my own state. I don’t go crying about how all these other places just won’t fork over tags to me

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
Been to Wyoming 6 times elk hunting with wilderness every time in the units we hunted, did not cause an issue at all that we could not hunt in the wilderness area.

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I think you’re certainly entitled for clarification purposes. Except on wilderness which is the only exception and that’s set by the state. Any WY resident would keep up the fight for that.
There is an amazing amount of federal land you can hunt so you may not be aware that the wilderness areas are the only place you’d be restricted which is a pretty small percentage of land. Hell, PM and I’ll tell you some great federal elk spots.
I appreciate that. I think everything you said is true there. The one part you're leaving out is that I have to get a tag first. Tag allocation is the primary aspect I care about when I say discrimination. It's much more difficult for an NR to get a tag.

I'm planning to hunt Unit 92/94 this coming season. If you have any intel on those units I'd be eternally grateful.

Honest question, what's so special about the wilderness area that would drive you to fight to keep NR Elk hunters out?