Legalized robbery that needs to stop.

HOT ROD

WKR
Every thing that has happened to U poor NR has been because it was pushed by WYOGA the wilderness rule the $2000 special price elk tag 90/10 for the big five was a bargaining chip to get 90/5/5 and the Wyoming residents said no..

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
It doesn't matter if you are trying to relate that to wildlife. It's not wildlife which has its own laws.

They're all fundamentally natural resources. Just because some jack wagon politicians declares men can be women, it doesn't make it true. This idea that law can redefine truth has to stop.

Last edited:

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
It’s not “nonsensical” it all. It’s reality.
Move here. Problem solved. Oh, don’t want to leave your comfort zone? Abide by the states regs. Super simple. Same as id have to do visiting your state.
The reason people want to come here is because Wyoming has managed things in a way that its what the west used to be. Colorado of 25 years ago. It shouldn’t change a thing other than drop the NR point purchase price. If that was put to ballot then I’d certainly vote because I see that as a wrong that can be righted.
Oh you don't want the jab? To bad. You'll be segregated from society and your ability to provide for your family will be taken away from you. Don't like it? Abide by the state vax regs and problem solved. Super simple. Just follow the state regs is never a good argument.

I'm not arguing that WY hasn't managed their resources well or that it should be changed for the most part. I'm simply arguing that WY should not be able to discriminate against NRs on federal lands.

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
How is the law redefining truth here? You are right, its a natural resource. Laws or policies have been written on how wildlife is to be managed. Just like it is written how mineral rights are managed. Its written how timber will be managed. I dont see your point.
That's because you likely missed my original question on this.
If oil or gold is discovered on federal land such as BLM who owns that resource, the State or the Federal Gov? I'm asking as I genuinely don't know the legalities here.
To your point, maybe wildlife should be treated differently. However, that would be a departure from the norm as such there should be a logical argument as to why it's different and should be treated differently. If there's not a sound argument, then that's a strong indication that we shouldn't be treating them differently.

I'm not sure what the sound and logical argument is here, but I can tell you it's not "it's always been that way."

Every thing that has happened to U poor NR has been because it was pushed by WYOGA the wilderness rule the $2000 special price elk tag 90/10 for the big five was a bargaining chip to get 90/5/5 and the Wyoming residents said no..
Agree with most all of your points. However, I thought the 90/10 for moose sheep goat was being pushed by residents, mainly folks like Buzz and Rob Shaul. I didn’t realize WYOGA openly supported it and intended to use it as a bargaining chip. I seem to remember WYOGA trying to get NRs to speak up against 90/10. Not that NRs have any voice with the task force or legislature anyhow….. nor should they. I personally don’t think most WY resident hunters are to blame for the tag price increases. They don’t care how much NR tags cost, they just don’t want any NR hunters. If there was a 100/0 proposal (and there likely will be at some point) WYOGA would probably be the only folks at the table opposing it.

Last edited:

bmart2622

WKR
You can access the federal lands all that you want, nobody is keeping you from doing that but the animals are owned and managed by the state so if you want to hunt those animals you pay to play or move along.....pretty simple

Archer86

WKR
Can anyone think of another instance where access to a popular state controlled "attraction" of any sort is so heavily tilted toward residents of the state? I'm from Cali and all the beaches here are state or local owned and they can get real crowded. What if California limited the number of non-residents who can access the beach or charged them 10x as much as residents to access the beach. Would that be legal?
This has to be a joke. Public access to a beach vs hunting tags.....wyoming doesn't stop you from accessing any of the public lands you can walk around and admire them all you want.

I am asking a serious question all the guys that are so upset at western states for limiting nr what do you think the tag allotment should be I hear alot of complaining but no solution and then would that solution do anything?

with 180 thousand nr point holders in wyoming I think it's logical to not expect western states to not decimate there game herds and turn every state into a colorado otc elk situation just so it's easier for nr to get tags

87TT

WKR
Can anyone think of another instance where access to a popular state controlled "attraction" of any sort is so heavily tilted toward residents of the state? I'm from Cali and all the beaches here are state or local owned and they can get real crowded. What if California limited the number of non-residents who can access the beach or charged them 10x as much as residents to access the beach. Would that be legal?
Piss poor example. You can go to the beach in CA if you want, BUT if you want to fish, you will pay a NR price for a fishing license plus an Ocean stamp.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Man, why did you have to mention fees for beach access. You just gave the Dems a reason to start fee access program.

HOT ROD

WKR
Agree with most all of your points. However, I thought the 90/10 for moose sheep goat was being pushed by residents, mainly folks like Buzz and Rob Shaul. I didn’t realize WYOGA openly supported it and intended to use it as a bargaining chip. I seem to remember WYOGA trying to get NRs to speak up against 90/10. Not that NRs have any voice with the task force or legislature anyhow….. nor should they. I personally don’t think most WY resident hunters are to blame for the tag price increases. They don’t care how much NR tags cost, they just don’t want any NR hunters. If there was a 100/0 proposal (and there likely will be at some point) WYOGA would probably be the only folks at the table opposing it.
Ur absoulutly right about the 90/10 moose sheep and mt goat not just Buzz and Rob there was a lot of residents who wanted 90/10 and so did Sy and WYOGA but it was just a bargaining chip to get 90/5/5... The 90/5/5 didn't come to light until later on after WYOGA rallied all the NR to help the ... It was the residents of Wyoming that stopped the 90/5/5 from happening don't kid Ur self if U think WYOGA is NR friends if U do might as well crawl in bed with the devil.... If there was a proposal of 100/0 WYOGA would be lobbing for there own cut of those tags for outfitter tags.... They don't give two shits about resident or nr dyi hunters..........

Squincher

WKR
This has to be a joke. Public access to a beach vs hunting tags.....wyoming doesn't stop you from accessing any of the public lands you can walk around and admire them all you want.

I am asking a serious question all the guys that are so upset at western states for limiting nr what do you think the tag allotment should be I hear alot of complaining but no solution and then would that solution do anything?

with 180 thousand nr point holders in wyoming I think it's logical to not expect western states to not decimate there game herds and turn every state into a colorado otc elk situation just so it's easier for nr to get tags

I'd love to see the resident reaction if hunting was banned on all federal land, but they could still go backpacking. I'll bet it wouldn't be the same.

Piss poor example. You can go to the beach in CA if you want, BUT if you want to fish, you will pay a NR price for a fishing license plus an Ocean stamp.

But you can buy a license and go fishing any time you want to and you don't need any points.

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved

They should designate federal lands as their own hunting sectors and then using the current system allocate tags and fees irrespective of residency.

Your point is illogical. No one that I've seen has argued for changing the number of tags allocated, simply how they're allocated. If the number of tags are not changed then there should be no change to the impact on the herds.

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
OP -

Overall, most Wyoming res hunters don't care about your point. Mostly because their federal funding has never been taken away, and NR's continue to pay into the system, so they don't actually understand what it would look like if they had to self fund their wildlife management.

As a generalization, WY is a welfare state. They suck tons of Federal Tax dollars to fund all kinds of programs without contributing any state income tax dollars to do it themselves. It's not just wildlife resource management initiatives. Their sales tax is also tied for 2nd lowest in the lower 48.

They just received a $24M federal grant for the Kemmerer mule deer migration project....it would take them 2.5 years to pay for that if they used 100% of their annual hunting/fishing/license income paid into WGFD from residents. And, that's just one project. True, the state "owns and manages" their animals, but it's undeniable that it's the rest of the country who is paying for it.

And, before I catch a lot of heat from the sensitive who don't like the transparency....I'm not picking on WY residents, just simply stating the facts for what they are. I love Wyoming and have several good friends who live there.

87TT

WKR
They still give way more to the illegal immigrants than for game management.