Left hand quality rifle

jpmulk

WKR
Roksliders like their tikkas. Haha. Tikkas are the best bang for buck if you are happy with a no frills rifle. Prices have gone up though. $900+ for a lefty stainless steel. Caliber also matters as tikka limits its offerings for leftys in various calibers.

Side by side, my Christensen arms is hands down nicer than my tikka when it comes to fit and finish. No comparison in my unprofessional opinion. That said, my Christensen arms wont kill an elk any deader.

The only thing that has me a little hesitant in trying to get something like a 300 WSM in a Tikka Superlite is the recoil. Light rifle and mule of a kick does not seem like the smartest approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roksliders like their tikkas. Haha. Tikkas are the best bang for buck if you are happy with a no frills rifle. Prices have gone up though. $900+ for a lefty stainless steel. Caliber also matters as tikka limits its offerings for leftys in various calibers.

Side by side, my Christensen arms is hands down nicer than my tikka when it comes to fit and finish. No comparison in my unprofessional opinion. That said, my Christensen arms wont kill an elk any deader.

The Christensen Arms seem really nice. Learned more about those because of the Cleared Hot podcast. But dang, they are just out of my price range!

davsco

WKR
The only thing that has me a little hesitant in trying to get something like a 300 WSM in a Tikka Superlite is the recoil. Light rifle and mule of a kick does not seem like the smartest approach.
lefty here. first tikka was a t3 in 300 win mag. kicked like a friggin mule, if not two mules. sold it.

few years later got a t3x in 300wsm. had it threaded for a brake (i believe righties have options for factory threaded barrels) and added a limbsaver recoil pad and recoil didn't bother me at all. while it's a little bulky, an area419 hellfire brake is VERY effective.

Titan_Bow

WKR
the used gun rack at my local Scheels is full of Christensen's. Don't know what that means per se, just an observation I made while in there the other day buying ammo.

708 or 6.5CM are ideal all arounders. We’ve used them for all you mention, and Northern Alberta bull moose.

You won’t shoot a Tikka in any 300 mag much IME. And proficiency from practice matters far more than chambering, again IMO/E. 😉
May as well throw .308 in here as well. Of the 3, you’re going to have MUCH better factory ammo selection with the 6.5 or .308. If you’re a hand loader, the 7-08 may get the nod.

Edit: I would add that ballistically these 3 are all more or less equal as well. The .308 gets the nod for factory ammo versatility and selection as well.

Jakl

FNG
Tikka is basically where I landed with the same requirements, but I really want something threaded. After reading the threaded T3x post I’m basically sold on one too, probably 708.

Curious why there isn’t much support for the Savage 110 Ultralite. Those are also offered in LH

Tikka is basically where I landed with the same requirements, but I really want something threaded. After reading the threaded T3x post I’m basically sold on one too, probably 708.

Curious why there isn’t much support for the Savage 110 Ultralite. Those are also offered in LH

I had Savage rifles on my list and eliminated them early after so many mediocre/poor reviews.

The Ultralight got good reviews. But after seeing the price tag, $1600+ MSRP, I didn’t research it any more.

I’m really hoping to land something in the $800 - $1200 range. Because I still have to get a decent optic for it too.

Jakl

FNG
I had Savage rifles on my list and eliminated them early after so many mediocre/poor reviews.

The Ultralight got good reviews. But after seeing the price tag, $1600+ MSRP, I didn’t research it any more.

I’m really hoping to land something in the $800 - $1200 range. Because I still have to get a decent optic for it too.

No doubt there are plenty of subpar reviews, but I haven’t seen a single negative word about the Ultralite. It can be found for just over 1200 new, so probably near 1000 used.

That being said, I have been nothing but pleased with my standard 110.

No doubt there are plenty of subpar reviews, but I haven’t seen a single negative word about the Ultralite. It can be found for just over 1200 new, so probably near 1000 used.

That being said, I have been nothing but pleased with my standard 110.

Yep. That 110 action has been around and trusted for a long time. I have a somewhat-collectible Savage/Anchutz lefty 110. Really nice gun so I don’t want to bang it up chasing antelope. Also, weighs in at over 10 lbs!

KenLee

WKR

X-bolt suits me much better in the 300wsm...and it's actually a short action receiver. Shorter factory barrel is also nicer to me over the Tikka.

OP
fuzzyvelvet

This is what I have found that seems to fit the bill...

KenLee

WKR

Titan_Bow

WKR
The Savage 110/10 action is a good action. It’s not “buttery smooth” as some people say, but it works well and is inherently accurate. Most of the bad reviews I see on Savages relate to their cheap and flexible stocks. I’ve not got much experience with the AccuStock though. I know the 2 Savage rifles I have legitimately shoot one ragged hole type groups consistently with factory ammo. I did put one in a Bell and Carlson stock and modded the other stock to stiffen it up somewhat.
If I found a really good deal on an Ultralight I would not hesitate, but I doubt I would pay MSRP for one. Savages are also good for people that like to tinker hahaha, easy to swap barrels, etc.