Left hand quality rifle

I am considering a new rifle. I am left handed. I want accuracy, light weight, and quality without the cost of a custom rifle. Seems like there are good things being said about Seekins and Bergara Premium, yet neither makes what I'm looking for in a left handed rifle. What would you recommend?

sram9102

WKR
Your lefty action of choice, stock and chassis and a prefit. Wanting left handed rifles is fun... I feel your pain.
JAoutdoors is a sponsor and should be able to help you out.

Wrongside

WKR
I am left handed. I want accuracy, light weight, and quality without the cost of a custom rifle.
Not much to choose from in the way of LH bolt rifles. Especially with your criteria. Tikka T3x SuperLite would be a safe bet.

jpmulk

WKR
I just went through this and opted to try Christensen arms. Some people love them. Some dont. Most of the quality control issues i heard about were 3rd hand. I just got my 7mm08 mesa last week. So will have to let ya know how it shoots when its no longer minus degrees outside. Thus far i am impressed with the fit and finish of it. But its the nicest gun ive owned and ive never had a custom.

rootacres

WKR
Christensen Arms. My brother has a LH Mesa in 308, shoots factory ELDX very well. I owned a Ridgeline in 300 wsm, it shot very well. I jacked up the extractor, this was the rifle I learned to reload on. I emailed CA, they sent out an extractor at no charge. My experience with the rifles and their CS has been great.

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
Weatherby has quite a few lefty options now. With a few different models being offered it will make it easier for you to find one that fits your needs/wants.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’m a lefty and I own one left hand bolt gun that doesn’t get much use. everything else is RH. I’ve got so used to shooting a RH hand gun that I don’t really understand what the benefit is of a LH rifle at this point. I like not taking my trigger hand off the rifle and coming up with my right hand to cycle the bolt. What am I missing? What’s the benefit of a LH bolt gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbflyer

WKR
Accuracy, affordability, light weight, and quality mean Tikka T3X. Unless you want a super magnum of some sort, there’s no reason to look further. Lots of LH chamberings.

sram9102

WKR
I’m a lefty and I own one left hand bolt gun that doesn’t get much use. everything else is RH. I’ve got so used to shooting a RH hand gun that I don’t really understand what the benefit is of a LH rifle at this point. I like not taking my trigger hand off the rifle and coming up with my right hand to cycle the bolt. What am I missing? What’s the benefit of a LH bolt gun?

Can you do that shooting off hand? The only rh rifle I have now is my 22 I small game hunt with. I cycle the bolt with my left hand and lose the sight picture every time. Trying to track game while doing it is a pain.

SouthPaw

WKR
I am considering a new rifle. I am left handed. I want accuracy, light weight, and quality without the cost of a custom rifle. Seems like there are good things being said about Seekins and Bergara Premium, yet neither makes what I'm looking for in a left handed rifle. What would you recommend?
I've shot and hunted with lefty rifles across many different brands. Owned rem700s, Savages, Brownings, and Tikkas. Lefty buddy shoots Christensens, and I've had plenty of trigger time on them. IMO of those the Tikkas are the best quality factory LH rifle for the $ and your requirements.

Browning would be my distant 2nd choice if I wasn't allowed to get a Tikka/Sako.

HoytHntr4

WKR
I was trying to decide this same thing last year and ended up going with a Tikka. Love the gun, one of the smoothest factory actions out there

I have no idea if Remington makes the 700 in a left handed action presently, but my son purchased one a number of years ago.

davsco

WKR
tikka is a pretty good call. nothing sexy but they shoot and have smooth actions. with the $8 trigger spring you get a VERY nice trigger. if you want to dress it up, you can spin on a prefit barrel and put it in a nicer stock. i have two and just ordered a third.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmmmm.........🤔🤔🤔
Your four requirements were accuracy, lightweight and quality without the cost of a custom.
Tikka T3X without blinking an eye.
I'm a lefty and have had customs, ruger, savage, weatherby, remingtons all in left hand configurations and without a doubt, the tikkas are what I would recommend and I have a few of them.

Randy

Tikka is excellent. However, My favorite factory rifle is the sako 85. They make several versions in left hand, and mine has been superb. I have not had any of the ejection issues some right handers have ( scope turret on the other side, I guess).

I’m in the same boat! Right handed. Left master eye. At this point in my research — I must say I’m obsessed with the idea of getting a lefty Tikka T3x.

Of course, now I’m obsessing over a do-it-all caliber! 243? 270? 308? 7mm-08? 6.5 Creed?