Lathrop and Sons Boot Options?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I talked with Lathrop and Sons today and bugged them about picking up a few other boot lines to go with Hanwag.

What do you guys think?

Salamon, Lowa and Kenetrek is what I suggested.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those are all brands I would potentially purchase down the road, and would gladly do so from Lathrop and Sons if they carried them! I have light boots from Lowa and hiking shoes from Saloman in my collection already, and would like to try a pair of kennetreks at some point...

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I really dig them all, except i haven't had the pleasure of sportin' a kennetrek though. Everything else (especially Salomon) I have worn. For summer hiking/scouting Salomon trail shoes are hard to beat. Dry out fast and with an aftermarket footbed provide a LOT of suport given their weight.

cmeier117

WKR
I would also suggest Crispi. But those others sound good. I just got a pair of Salomon Quest 4d Gtx and pretty sure they will be my scouting/training boot.

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
Would they also be able to offer the custom fitting in those other boots or is it a special deal Hanwag does for them?

A pair of custom Lowa Tibet's would be something I would be extremely interested in.

bowinhand

WKR
I wish they would start carrying the HanWag Yukon boot, same as the Alaskan but with glove leather lining not gore-tex

Aron, all the models you mentioned are good. The Hanwag is an excellent foot, but fits a wider foot better. They are more similar in fit to Meindl, also a German foot. I found the Lowa to fit a slighter narrower boot. I had 2 pairs of Salomon boots, years ago and they were great and also a bit narrower than the Hanway. I've loved my Lowa and Kenetrek boots over the years. These two probably fit my low volume foot the best. La Sportiva is an excellent boot for low to medium volume. I can't wear Scarpa, as in general, their last is too long. With any company, if they carry too diverse of a product line, stocking the correct size can be difficult, but I would recommend maybe at least 1 other manufacturer, that fits a narrower/lower volume foot as I just can't wear Hanwag due to my slender foot.