Late Season Bibs.

coohio1854

Lil-Rokslider
So last year I used the Stratus set for nearly all bow season and ended trying to push them into PA rifle. It was dumb and I froze. Everything from rain to heavy snow, and bitter cold. I have been scouring over every internet review of every waterproof, insulated bib I can find. I really hate packing in rain gear along with everything else for a long days sit in a crammed tree stand. My cousin let me use his fanatic bibs for a couple days and they were great. Super warm and comfortable. Still in a heavy snow I had to climb down and throw the rain gear on because I was getting soaked. I have been looking at Cabelas MT050 and the Stand Hunter line that seems to be a lower price point copy of the Sitka Incinerator. I am not beholden to any one brand. Mixing and matching is fine. I’m just looking for a reasonably quiet, warm, and waterproof bib and jacket.

My other cousin swears by the KUIU Katana Gale Force. Seems really loud when you’re around him in a cabin, but I don’t know how much of a factor the loudness plays when you’re rifle hunting from a stand. Probably not much. They are also closer to the Fanatic in price point. About $1,000 for the set. I am willing to spend the money if those are the 2 options that will keep me in the stand without getting fidgety cold or wet.

What are your guys’ thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
You already have the EV2, why not get more of it? The incinerator for waterproofing, or fanatic for cold and water resistant. Its for sure an investment, but Sitka is worth it.

TN2shot07

WKR
Can’t speak to how they handle heavy snow but the First Lite sanctuary would be worth a look. I ran them a couple seasons ago but we don’t get enough cold to warrant them. The last two season have been Nomad and no complaints but they’re only water resistant.

The Incinerator bibs are pretty dang nice. My big complaint is they have no insulation below the knees.

I can roll mine up to the size of a loaf of bread.

OP
C

coohio1854

Lil-Rokslider
Can’t speak to how they handle heavy snow but the First Lite sanctuary would be worth a look. I ran them a couple seasons ago but we don’t get enough cold to warrant them. The last two season have been Nomad and no complaints but they’re only water resistant.

I have those on my list as well. I believe they are coming out with a new version here soon for 2021 for those and the solitude set

OP
C

coohio1854

Lil-Rokslider
The Incinerator bibs are pretty dang nice. My big complaint is they have no insulation below the knees.

I can roll mine up to the size of a loaf of bread.

The price is worth it to me if it means never getting up and moving around because I’m too cold or too wet. Too many times I’ve bumped deer because I can’t sit still long enough.

As far as the lower legs. I caught that in a review. I understand why I guess but it’s still frustrating

Unless FL changes something they dont compare to the Gortex in the Incinerators. The wind does get thru the Sanctuary stuff.

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
I use the fanatic system here in Midwest but incinerator would be even warmer and water proof.

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
I use the kryptek aegis bibs and jacket in the later part of the season here in michigan and they kept me warm in the stand just fine. Did have to have the legs vented while walking and put the coat on once in the stand but never froze.

Elkhntr08

WKR
I’ve got a set of Fanatic that keeps me warm, sometimes too warm.
Arctic Shield makes a good bib for the money.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Not bibs but a very warm high quality body suit. I'm 5'10 210lbs and I have a lot of room underneath.

01530e8de93d34281d7cd3e7f1060ea0.jpg
f36e1a0c3c15bb3ed214ae6d82467f32.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

hntr

FNG
I've had a pair of Midway bibs for 3 years. They are light, quiet, insulated, waterproof and windproof. The price is great and will keep you dry and warm. Great for whitetail

Mojave

WKR
I wear a Tahr Anorak and a Nahanni Anorak (from Swazi) under it along with a regular wool hunting underlayer, and if it is really cold Kuiu puffy jacket between the Nahanni and the wool.

For pants I wear Swazi drybacks, with liner wool long handles under heavy synthetic long handles.

And OR gaiters.

Swazi makes a bib, but I have so much upper torso stuff on it's crazy.

j_laucks

Lil-Rokslider
Windy & wet seems like a good fit for the incinerator bib. Decent review here:
A lot of overview about the Fanatic jacket, but jump to about the 8:00 mark to hear a bit about the bibs.

Cabelas stand hunter bibs. The warmest I've ever worn for late season. You'll have to pack them in. Way too warm to walk in.

Whip

WKR
Nobody ever mentions Gray Wolf Woolens, but their Wolfskin polyester fabric convinced with the wind barrier is outstanding. I've used it in some brutal conditions and couldn't be happier with my choice.

Ironbow

FNG
If you want WATERPROOF, you will have to use a Gore Tex lining or something similar. If you want WATER RESISTANT, then you will have a lot of options in FL, Sitka, KUIU, Cabela's MTO50, Hidden Wolf, Day One, etc.