Last Minute Partner for Colorado Elk

Swampdogg

FNG
Hey everyone , I’m new here to the forum, from Georgia and heading west in September. All of the possible partners I have can’t make this trip.
This site has been a major help to me for information, thank you all for sharing.

I’m driving out and plan for
September 6-20th OTC Elk .

I know this is last minute to search for a partner but it would make my wife a lot happier if I didn’t go solo like i originally planned .

If anyone is interested let me know, even if it’s for just part of the trip as well.

Thanks

Last edited:

Mattt

Lil-Rokslider
My elk hunting has nothing to do with my wife or marriage. I hunt alone a lot. After 23 years she doesn't say a word abou hunting. Hell I've quit my job to hunt on many an occasion. my anniversary is in July to avoid conflicts with hunting and racing seasons. These days it's just the hunting and I do not let work interfere. You have to set the precedents early on.

I bought a cabin in Colorado near where I hunt. So wife gets to come along. She never complains about my hunting because I make her enjoyment a priority even though she doesn’t hunt. We both get what we want. And I get someone to go with me in the summer to scout when no one else can. And when I go scouting or hunting alone, she knows where I am going in case I don’t come back.

And no, I am not rich. Just dreamed and planned and saved for 20 years to make our cabin dream come true. Sitting in it as we speak! 😎

Might help if you told us what area you plan to be hunting. My camp is full this year but there might be somebody that would be interested.

Last edited:

cnelk

WKR
My elk hunting has nothing to do with my wife or marriage. I hunt alone a lot. After 23 years she doesn't say a word abou hunting. Hell I've quit my job to hunt on many an occasion. my anniversary is in July to avoid conflicts with hunting and racing seasons. These days it's just the hunting and I do not let work interfere. You have to set the precedents early on.

^^^ Somehow, I dont think this thread was about you.

To the OP - I agree with txhunter581
Give a little insight about what part of Colorado you're heading and you could get a taker
Good luck

OP
S

Swampdogg

FNG
I’m probably going to either Raggeds Or FlatTops wilderness areas . Kind of in the middle of the hunting areas.

This is a 1st time elk hunt for me . I got an inreach to be safe and keep her calm when my friends couldn’t go. I mostly solo hunt here at home so I’m use to it and I’m going regardless parter or not .

I just think it would be fun to have a buddy for these adventures. Long roadtrip from Georgia and 3 weeks alone in the woods sounds like a blast to me but that’s where the little concern from home starts since I’ve never done that long of a trip just
day hunts/ weekend trips.

I plan on to do a mix of truck camping/bivy in and stay if I get into the elk and it’s too late to go back. I’m in my early 30’s and usually hunt all day . Get to hunt plenty without any set backs from home either, just trying to keep her happy so it can stay that way.

Matt I did the smart thing and got married in July as well so it doesn’t interfere with season but I’ll never get to do an opening day for elk because of her birthday , but I’ll take my 3 weeks with a smile because I know most can’t get that much time.

Mattt

Lil-Rokslider
Yep u had it figured out early on too then. can't help with flat tops but know the raggeds well. Hope it isn't as crowded this year as it was 2018 archery.

I know how it is trying to appease the wife man; definitely the way to go. Guys love to talk about how they don't give a shit what their wife wants, but I prefer mine happy, even though she'd be just as good to me whether I held up my end or not.

I'm going on my first elk hunt this year too, in October. I live here in N. Colorado and would love to go out even just to watch, but I'm a student and just can't see myself getting enough of a break to get away for any meaningful amount of time. I'll be trying to get ahead myself during September. Best of luck brotha.

I’ll be in the Flat tops around that time period. If it’d make your wife feel better we could exchange info (numbers/inReach). Can tell her if you get into any trouble you’d be able to contact someone in the area. PM me if interested

CX5Ranch

WKR
Raggeds are not the place to truck camp. That's a big rough booger.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RobertsA

FNG
It’ll be my elk first hunt and I’ll be in the flat tops this year but I will be there in first rifle season. If you fellas kill anything feel free to send me those coordinates lol.

Hey everyone , I’m new here to the forum, from Georgia and heading west in September. All of the possible partners I have can’t make this trip.
This site has been a major help to me for information, thank you all for sharing.

I’m driving out and plan for
September 6-20th OTC Elk .

I know this is last minute to search for a partner but it would make my wife a lot happier if I didn’t go solo like i originally planned .

If anyone is interested let me know, even if it’s for just part of the trip as well.

Thanks

Swampdogg, I am a Summit County Colorado resident and I am also looking for an archery partner for 2019. However, I have been scouting and escouting some different GMU's and I am only available for the last 9 days of archery season. I am not sure if you're flexible on your dates and hunting locations, but let me know. Maybe we could put together a last minute plan.

Swampdogg, I am a Summit County Colorado resident and I am also looking for an archery partner for 2019. However, I have been scouting and escouting some different GMU's and I am only available for the last 9 days of archery season. I am not sure if you're flexible on your dates and hunting locations, but let me know. Maybe we could put together a last minute plan.

I’m am coming from Kentucky. I plan on hunting the last week of September. I haven’t nailed down a unit yet but have a few in mind. I originally planed on going solo but having a partner on my first elk hunt would be helpful. Maybe we could work out a plan.

I’m am coming from Kentucky. I plan on hunting the last week of September. I haven’t nailed down a unit yet but have a few in mind. I originally planed on going solo but having a partner on my first elk hunt would be helpful. Maybe we could work out a plan.

Let's get in touch man. I'm sure we can work something out.

OP
S

Swampdogg

FNG

Sorry fellas I’ll be there the 1st few weeks (7-20) and have to head home by the last .

OP
S

Swampdogg

FNG
Hey y’all I found a partner to meet up with for some of my time out there. Best of luck to everyone else this season. 3 weeks to go

OP
S

Swampdogg

FNG
Hope this works out. I met a very good friend from a post like this. We have hunted together almost every year for the past 6 years or so. Good luck out there!

Thanks man .I’m stoked I joined this forum , I’ve been able to make some new friends here at home that are into going west and some that live out there. Wealth of knowledge on this site .