Last Minute Partner for Colorado Elk

Charliej

FNG
Have you found someone to hunt with ? My hunting partner is stuck in Louisiana and will not be able to go.

OP
S

Swampdogg

FNG
Have you found someone to hunt with ? My hunting partner is stuck in Louisiana and will not be able to go.

I have , 11boo is right though. You may be able to find someone on here to go with you . Been able to meet some great hunting buddies from this forum .

HondoArcher

Lil-Rokslider
I’m probably going to either Raggeds Or FlatTops wilderness areas . Kind of in the middle of the hunting areas.

This is a 1st time elk hunt for me . I got an inreach to be safe and keep her calm when my friends couldn’t go. I mostly solo hunt here at home so I’m use to it and I’m going regardless parter or not .

I just think it would be fun to have a buddy for these adventures. Long roadtrip from Georgia and 3 weeks alone in the woods sounds like a blast to me but that’s where the little concern from home starts since I’ve never done that long of a trip just
day hunts/ weekend trips.

I plan on to do a mix of truck camping/bivy in and stay if I get into the elk and it’s too late to go back. I’m in my early 30’s and usually hunt all day . Get to hunt plenty without any set backs from home either, just trying to keep her happy so it can stay that way.

Matt I did the smart thing and got married in July as well so it doesn’t interfere with season but I’ll never get to do an opening day for elk because of her birthday , but I’ll take my 3 weeks with a smile because I know most can’t get that much time.

Aren't the FlatTops in unit 24 which is a draw area?

Swampdog, another Georgia boy here. I'll be heading to Southern CO. to hunt September 9th. Not sure when I'll be returning. Curious what part of Georgia you're from? Shoot me a pm.