Larry Bartlett"s new book

Passed the first page test. Am looking forward to reading the rest soon.. Thanks for the experience and experiences......

Larry, I've only HD a chance to watch the Float Dragging dvd, and don't know if this info is in the book but what brand are those sleds you are using to haul quarters? I did not see them on your website.

The information on handling meat is something I have never seen else-where. That alone is worth the price of the book. The rest is gravy. Nice job! Great book.

sweet guys, thanks for the comments and questions.

Those sleds are homemade and not perfect for what we had to do on that trip. I'm developing a new design for a sled that offers a roll-up design for stowage and transport more easily in remote areas. What we learned with those sleds is that the sidewalls need to be higher and the sled slightly longer to disperse the load and provide a lower height for stability in center of gravity performance. The ones we used kept flipping over and the sides of our load kept getting snagged on veg and shit, which slowed our pace coming off that mile-long ridgetop.

This new sled is working out great so far, and it is simple and rolls into a pkg that is 36" wide by 6" around.

I've got some tweaking to do for this design, but hope to have a production-ready model sometime this year to be available perhaps as early as spring 2015. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

larry

Becca is still reading the book but I did get to watch the first video that came with the book up at the cabin!!! Looked like a great time Larry (minus humping all the gear through the brush off the hill down to the "river") You use the term "river" VERY loosely btw ;)

Well done Larry!

Peanut approves.

P
7bd69ab30dddee8a385d1c5d0d19de34.jpg

Son of a gun, I haven't been paying attention to the forum much as of late and missed this entire thread. I could have been reading this book while I've been stuck at home these last couple of weeks. I'll be ordering it tonight!

Ha, Peanut is a cutey, man. She already loves her daddy. Love those early months, man. Great picture, bro.

LB

Back