Labeling gear?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any of you label your gear?

My wife has a label printer for some other stuff and the labels seem fairly water resistant, I'm thinking of slapping some form of contact on some pieces of gear. I've at times dropped and had to backtrack to find binos, range finder, etc. As my gear value increases it would be nice to have something on there if I ever loose something I can't find and an honest soul finds it.

Would a phone number or email better?

tttoadman

WKR
Cut your losses. They would reverse search your number to get your address, and go steal the rest of your stuff. It wouldn't be hard to know when your gone.

My mind always goes to the worst place possible.

OP
pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Cut your losses. They would reverse search your number to get your address, and go steal the rest of your stuff. It wouldn't be hard to know when your gone.

My mind always goes to the worst place possible.

Man that is paranoid!

My cell isn't tied to my house, let alone finding gear doesn't mean I would be gone the next time same season, and even when I'm gone the house isn't empty.

Not paranoid at all. A full name and address is not a good idea at all. Bad guys could have a heyday with that. Use last name and cell phone number or email.

OP
pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A full name and address is not a good idea at all.

Where was that ever suggested? I was debating phone or email.

Still failing to figure out what someone with a set of binos if they did somehow know they were mine would do with that knowledge in the tiny case someone unsavory picked them up instead of one of you guys??? Binos don't unlock my house.

Short on cache

Lil-Rokslider
I say great idea ...I've thought about doing the same...if you only put one I'd put phone #...some old timers still don't have email

This made me laugh because im picturing two old guys discussing this. Old guy 1: why'd he put this odd @ symbol in there to separate his name? Old guy number 2: Yeah and what kind of a last name is gmail.com? hahaha might just be my own humor

I simply put my cell number on my stuff. If someone honest finds it they can call me. Not like my phone number is a secret. I've got lots of cards floating around out there. If someone dishonest finds if I guess I lost that gear.

OP
pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I simply put my cell number on my stuff. If someone honest finds it they can call me. Not like my phone number is a secret. I've got lots of cards floating around out there. If someone dishonest finds if I guess I lost that gear.

That was my thought with either the cell or email, I'm still scratching my head on the risk part here...

Flyrod

Lil-Rokslider
I do it with my fly boxes. Just write my name and cell# on the inner foam. Those little boxes when filled up can hold some serious $ value of flies!