Kyrgyzstan Ibex Success

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t book anything in Kyrgyzstan until after January. There’s a proposed 3 year ban on hunting, that the outfits I’ve talked to seem to think will be voted in. They meet and January and will know for sure then.
Double check your hunt area I believe this is the info being put out currently
“The Government of Kyrgyzstan is planning to ban the hunting for 3 years starting from 2023 in Naryn and Issyk-Ol”

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
I check with the outfitter we went with this was his response
“confirmed that those 2 regions are going to be closed for moratorium. Our region has done that period before acquiring the territory so for the next 10 years, there won't be banning and restrictions”

This is all good information to know. I’ve reached out to a few folks with references from this site, and it’ll be a few weeks before I get numbers to go with.

It’s a 2024 trip for me with some stuff already planned for 2023. Anyone wanting to go again?😀

OP
CFarrington96
Double check your hunt area I believe this is the info being put out currently
“The Government of Kyrgyzstan is planning to ban the hunting for 3 years starting from 2023 in Naryn and Issyk-Ol”
Those are the 2 main areas for ibex as far I understand it. I’m planning on going again, but I’ll wait until the area I hunted opens again. The trophy quality/potential seems to be a lot better than most other areas.

buzzy

WKR
Those are the 2 main areas for ibex as far I understand it. I’m planning on going again, but I’ll wait until the area I hunted opens again. The trophy quality/potential seems to be a lot better than most other areas.
I would be interested in hearing what area that is. Feel free to PM me if you don’t mind sharing. And what outfit did you go with? Thanks

halpin40

FNG
Can I ask who you went with, we are booked to go in 2024 with shikar! Great story thanks for sharing

buzzy

WKR
Did you and Cfarrington use the same outfitter?
No I don’t believe we did.

Sorry I got a bit mixed up on threads and thought you were asking me on the outfitter when you we’re probably asking the original poster of the thread. 😁

halpin40

FNG
Thanks guys! It was an incredible experience. I believe you were hunting a different region Buzzy so maybe that’s why there was a discrepancy in the permits, but the outfitter I went with had close to 40 hunters this season and everyone of them took their ibex home with them.
Who did you go with if you don’t mind sharing

halpin40

FNG
No I don’t believe we did.

Sorry I got a bit mixed up on threads and thought you were asking me on the outfitter when you we’re probably asking the original poster of the thread. 😁
Haha I think I asked you on your thread though…..lol

Aoudaddy

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t book anything in Kyrgyzstan until after January. There’s a proposed 3 year ban on hunting, that the outfits I’ve talked to seem to think will be voted in. They meet and January and will know for sure then.
Thats what Ive heard as well.

Sounds like an amazing experience. What does that cost just for the hunt? Never mind the air fare, and trophy shipping. What physical ability do you need?

I know getting an Ibex tag in New Mexico is not happening.

tntrker

WKR
We have an Iranian that does our lawn care at the terminal. He, and his son, actually own a guide business in Iran and for years they've tried to get me to come hunt with them, at no cost for the guide service. They show me pics of Ibex and other animals and I'd love to go, if not just to hunt with them as friends much less some of their animals. They are good people & legit but I cannot bring myself to go to Iran. Not only being an American but also having served in the military, it's just not a wise move in my mind..so congrats on your
hunt!!
Iran.jpg

I give you 10% odds of coming home if you go to Iran. Kyrgyzstan certainly sounds doable, but horses are not for me... mountain climbing is doable if I have 2 guides, and I carry nothing while climbing.