Kuiu web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az Hunter

FNG
I was just on the web site. When you look at the sale items you get excited about the deal. However, when you go to checkout, you find that all the items you selected are back ordered and therefore not on sale. I ended up not buying a thing. Big wast of my time . I like kuiu gear but don't like their service. I had to wait ten months to get my merino gloves. Lots of their gear is back ordered in regular sizes.

It states pretty clearly on the sale ad that their sale excludes any backorder items. When you are looking thru items on the site and they say "backordered" when you select the color and size, it means that they are not on sale. Seems pretty straight forward to me....not sure why there is so much confusion and disgruntled people.

I also dont seem to get why people expect kuiu or any other retailer to honor a sale price on a backordered item? It is usual that they do not.

Just my opinion

ckleeves

WKR
It states pretty clearly on the sale ad that their sale excludes any backorder items. When you are looking thru items on the site and they say "backordered" when you select the color and size, it means that they are not on sale. Seems pretty straight forward to me....not sure why there is so much confusion and disgruntled people.

I also dont seem to get why people expect kuiu or any other retailer to honor a sale price on a backordered item? It is usual that they do not.

Just my opinion

I agree. If it was allowed I think it could get ugly with guys buying out huge quantities of the most in demand items that are back ordered or pre ordered and then hawking them on ebay when they received them and turning big profits. Then we could have threads complaining about that. This sale is more or less a end of season clearance of their warehouse.

Wapiti66

Lil-Rokslider
I received an email saying 25% Off Sale extended to noon today due to servers crashing.

Stresd

FNG
That was quick!

Placed Orders Friday 21st AM pst.and another for a buddy, just after lunch. Received 2 e-mails, stating Order has Shipped on Sat 22nd.

wyosteve

WKR
Same here. Ordered just after noon Fri. and have tracking info on order being shipped on 11/22. Outstanding service again from Kuiu!

Just my opinion

Actually you are dead wrong. I gave up when the bulk of my "attempted order" was backordered at full retail. A sale that excludes backordered items might make sense for a retailer looking to liquidate stock to reduce their inventory tax at the end of the year but coming from a manufacturer selling direct it's just pointless and there is no actual "sale" when you're paying the full retail price plus must wait for your order. Only a fanboy would embrace such a stupid promotion. I have never seen a more incompetently managed "sales event" in my life. I have owned and run four product-based businesses and what Kuiu is doing is unheard of. Hurry up and buy now so we can use your money and send you stuff later when we can. What's worse is the same crash occurred last year when they had a 15% sale...they didn't learn from their mistakes! It's clear to see the reason for the Sitka partnership split and where the business acumen was and wasn't. Kuiu turned me off for good. JMO

Thankfully I own like 60 pcs of Sitka. :)

Last edited:

kodiakfly

WKR
^^^ Agree Bruce. I really like the Vias camo so I was going to give Kuiu another look.

But...

Unfortunately, everything I wanted is gone. I guess I'm gonna try Sitka.

Same here x3 now. I have never been on their site when they have the size and color I want. I'm not anti-Kuiu, but they've lost my business three times now, and Sitka has gotten all of it. Everyone says their clothes are the greatest thing ever. I guess I'll never know since Kuiu doesn't stock what I want in XL or XXL.

bobhunts

WKR
I tried to buy a couple pair of pants and a base layer. The web-site showed the sale price but when I checked out full price on the debit card. Wondering I e-mailed and called and got the same thing. The sale is to get rid of inventory so if it is back ordered it is full price. When I checked the box it said " Item is backordered" but never said it would be shipped at full price till you pull the trigger and see the charge. I did order the hooded puffy the next night and it is on it's way after canceling the first order.

dotman

WKR
^^^ Agree Bruce. I really like the Vias camo so I was going to give Kuiu another look.

But...

Same here x3 now. I have never been on their site when they have the size and color I want. I'm not anti-Kuiu, but they've lost my business three times now, and Sitka has gotten all of it. Everyone says their clothes are the greatest thing ever. I guess I'll never know since Kuiu doesn't stock what I want in XL or XXL.

Your not really missing out, Sitka is good stuff. Kuiu is good stuff but if your running Sitka, FL or Kryptek you really aren't missing out other then a different camo pattern. There will always be the fan club for all of these but really they all are good and the hype behind Kuiu may not be there once you try it.

kodiakfly

WKR
Your not really missing out, Sitka is good stuff. Kuiu is good stuff but if your running Sitka, FL or Kryptek you really aren't missing out other then a different camo pattern. There will always be the fan club for all of these but really they all are good and the hype behind Kuiu may not be there once you try it.

Yep, Sitka has been good to me. I can't say I've been disappointed in any of their gear, other than the Coldfront doesn't have pit zips this year and their hand pockets on their jackets are too low. But quality and function has been great and I'm hard on it. Camo is more fashion than function, so if Kuiu doesn't want to sell me their camo, I can live without their camo. They get plenty of business I'm sure.

I
Actually you are dead wrong. I gave up when the bulk of my "attempted order" was backordered at full retail. A sale that excludes backordered items might make sense for a retailer looking to liquidate stock to reduce their inventory tax at the end of the year but coming from a manufacturer selling direct it's just pointless and there is no actual "sale" when you're paying the full retail price plus must wait for your order. Only a fanboy would embrace such a stupid promotion. I have never seen a more incompetently managed "sales event" in my life. I have owned and run four product-based businesses and what Kuiu is doing is unheard of. Hurry up and buy now so we can use your money and send you stuff later when we can. What's worse is the same crash occurred last year when they had a 15% sale...they didn't learn from their mistakes! It's clear to see the reason for the Sitka partnership split and where the business acumen was and wasn't. Kuiu turned me off for good. JMO

Thankfully I own like 60 pcs of Sitka. :)

I was wondering when the Butt hurt train would make its way over to this site.

Ben

WKR
I got everything I wanted in the correct size and color other than the attack pants. But I picked up a pair anyways because of the savings.

Said the butt hurt fanboy. LOL

It's just cloths Bruce.... Expensive and mostly overhyped at that. If you have that much sitka only thing your missing out on is the attack pants. I would advise you to at least try them at some point. They are very good, everything else I could take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.