Kuiu Verde 2.0

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
Don't mind the Verde 2.0 but I think it's going a little to far cancelling the original that people have invested in.

archangel

FNG
My email to and from Kuiu. I'm not happy. Its difficult enough to get good gear here, and now they change the pattern! Pretty crappy thing to do. Why not keep the existing Verde and let the customers choose?

Hello Nate,

Thank you for writing in. We have taken the original Verde and
developed Verde 2.0 and are very excited about this pattern! It has
proven to effectively break up the human silhouette very well and I
believe that you will be happy with it. Because animals are naturally
color blind the breakup of your silouhette is the most important thing
about camo and not so much the coloration. We will be phasing in the
Verde 2.0 in slowly to replace the old Verde, so be on the lookout
more pieces to come in that pattern. If you have any questions or need
anything at all please be sure to let us know!

Best Regards,

Kindyl
KUIU Customer Service
855-367-5848
M-F 9:00A-5:00PM PST

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 5:08 PM PDT, wrote:

Hi, I've seen photo's of Verde 2.0. Being in Australia, the original
Verde is probably the best camo available. Blends in just about
everywhere! Is Verde 2.0 replacing Verde at any stage? Verde 2.0 with
its higher proportion of grey, will not work as well here. Just would
like to know for future purchase planning! Thanks in advance,

Nate

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
I disliked the Verde as it was to much green, I will pick up a few 2.0 items when they come out. Glad they added more grey to it.

Thanks,
Boswell

Don't mind the Verde 2.0 but I think it's going a little to far cancelling the original that people have invested in.

I agree I was a little disappointed about that, since I'm not done buying stuff in that pattern! now i will feel too mismatched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pretty smart business taking advantage of those with lots of excess disposable income will have to have the latest and greatest (innovation lol ). I dont think the difference is that much, on real pics of the packs it looks a lot closer

ultra1800-V2.jpgKUIU-Live-2_04.jpg

Bughalli

WKR
At least for the photos I've seen, the new verde looks too much like vias in my opinion. Same color pallet. Conceptually I liked the original verde for early hunts, since there's more green that time of year and vias for late or above tree line hunts. Both work fine regardless. This just gives people less of a reason to have both

cgippe

Lil-Rokslider
The point of camo is not for humans to like its to fool your animals... I think this blend of the verde and vias is awesome! more versatile so I can go to one set of clothing and not need verde for early season and vias for late season.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The point of camo is to sell products to humans. This is a great marketing move making old products new again by changing the colors. I actually like 2.0 as a blend between the other two. Buy new and still match either. After all its still all about matching

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How many variations of Realtree camo have there been since the original? That's what camo companies do. Change the pattern so guys need to either mismatch when they replace old pieces or buy a whole new set. It's a money making scheme but what business isn't?

Fireguy

WKR
Just picked up a pair of the Tiburon shorts in Verde 2.0 ( hands down the best shorts ever by the way - best thing Kuiu makes). At first I thought it was standard Verde. It is very hard to tell the difference. Basically they added some grey and rounded some edges. I would not rush out to sell your regular Verde, you can wear the two types together and nobody will even notice. It took my wife a while to even realize they were different when I asked her what she thought.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just picked up a pair of the Tiburon shorts in Verde 2.0 ( hands down the best shorts ever by the way - best thing Kuiu makes). At first I thought it was standard Verde. It is very hard to tell the difference. Basically they added some grey and rounded some edges. I would not rush out to sell your regular Verde, you can wear the two types together and nobody will even notice. It took my wife a while to even realize they were different when I asked her what she thought.
Doubt there is need but do the shorts still have the hip vents?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Fireguy

WKR
Doubt there is need but do the shorts still have the hip vents?

No. They are really great though. Wore two pair for the last three weeks fishing in Montana. Great fit, super cool and vented, dries fast. IMO one of their best products.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
No. They are really great though. Wore two pair for the last three weeks fishing in Montana. Great fit, super cool and vented, dries fast. IMO one of their best products.
Thanks, I have the pants, don't think I can justify the money on the shorts with out a sale

love my tiburon gear too. can you post some pics of your 2.0 verde next to either a verde 1.0 top or bottom if you have.

Its kinda looks like optifade forest. Of course the forest is much darker but beings though Jason was a co founder its no surprise he's doing this. I hope he doesn't change the vias. I love that camo.

BCsteve

WKR
I like to mix my camo patterns anyway, I find it breaks up your silhouette better. I don't like being dressed from head to toes in the exact same pattern, it gives that blob appearance.