Kuiu Super Down Haven

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like Kuiu released something new for the whitetail hunters when it’s cold. Says its using Synthacell Windproof technology, never heard of it

Ho5tile1

WKR
Saw this last night I’m 100% gonna try it out. It shows that this new down jacket weighs more then the proximity jacket by about 7 ounces. The new jacked is 2 pounds 7.9 ounces the proximity is 2 pounds I would think the down jacked would be lighter. I have the proximity and really like it but it’s not enough when it gets what I call cold it’s good for 35-50 if it’s colder then that I use the fanatic as I get cold easy up in the tree…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this last night I’m 100% gonna try it out. It shows that this new down jacket weighs more then the proximity jacket by about 7 ounces. The new jacked is 2 pounds 7.9 ounces the proximity is 2 pounds I would think the down jacked would be lighter. I have the proximity and really like it but it’s not enough when it gets what I call cold it’s good for 35-50 if it’s colder then that I use the fanatic as I get cold easy up in the tree…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, the proximity line is not fit for temperatures below 35…especially if there is any wind. My bibs tore in the crotch within a few weeks of receiving. Kuiu replaced them, but still disappointed in the marketing of the item. Sitkas whitetail line is far superior for colder temps. This new jacket could be interesting though.

SloppyJ

WKR
Durability is going to be key. Puffy stuff isn't extremely popular in the deer woods for more than just the sound of the fabric.

Maverick1

WKR
Looks like an interesting combination of several options out there. (First Lite's kit-link pass through system, Skre Guardian's down insulation, and Sitka Stratus' brushed face outer fabric)

As mentioned above, it would be good to know the amount of down fill in the jacket and bibs. Would be an interesting comparison between this series and the Skre Guardian jacket and bibs. Looks like the weight of the jacket is comparable. The Skre guardian bibs appear to weigh a pound more than the Kuiu. (Wonder if that is fill weight?)

Have to laugh at Kuiu: "As the first of its kind, the Super Down Haven combines an innovative down-proof, windproof, and ultra-quiet knit fleece with our legendary Quixdown insulation, making it the warmest and lightest late-season whitetail hunting jacket on the market."

The Skre Guardian: "With premium 850 fill down, you will be comfortable, calm, and collected when the moment of truth arrives. Our lightly brushed face fabric and anatomical fit allow you to draw a bow or shoulder a rifle with minimal noise, and a full range of motion."

@Kotaman - would be good to hear your perspective.