Kuiu Sierra or Attack pant

banded_drake

Lil-Rokslider
You guys that have some miles in these pants, which do you think would be a more versatile peice for September to mid October for northern New Mexico or Colorado for elk? I was pretty much set on the attacks, but now wondering if the Sierra would be better suited for early archery and layer underneath for late September to mid October.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
Pro pants over the attack...the knee pads are worth it. Otherwise, its pretty much the same pant. Very snag free, nice long side vents with mesh to keep stuff from getting it.

OP
B

banded_drake

Lil-Rokslider
Pro pants over the attack...the knee pads are worth it. Otherwise, its pretty much the same pant. Very snag free, nice long side vents with mesh to keep stuff from getting it.
Do the knee pads rub on your knees any or begin to feel uncomfortable after a lot of hiking?

Kostrize

WKR

How is the fit of the pro vs. the attack? Specifically through the thighs. Thanks!

Vandy321

WKR
Do the knee pads rub on your knees any or begin to feel uncomfortable after a lot of hiking?

Zero rubbing, that knee pad is pretty soft and it's sewn into the outside of the pant. I dont even notice is while hiking, it rides right along with the pant, but is there when you need it.

Fit was the same for me. I've got a small waist and big thighs, I wear a 32 in both those pants...for comparison I'm a 32/32 in all my carharts as well.

LaHunter

WKR
The Sierra pants would be better if it was warm/hot, but they have pretty much zero wind resistance if it cold with a breeze. Attacks would be a better choice for October vs the Sierra in my opinion.

BBob

WKR
Attack over the Sierra at least for a hunt. Thigh vents will make them more versatile. The Sierra fabric for some reason tends to get super static clingy and all kinds of crap sticks to them. Never had any static issues with the Attack.

I'll add: For me in AZ and NM early Sept and into Oct I'm in Tiburon's. If it gets chilly I'll wear a zip off under layer. I run hot when moving so if it's still not too cold later into Oct/Nov I'm still in Tiburon's. It has to get pretty chilly for me to wear my old Alpine's or Attack. I'd rather layer than be too hot and be stuck with what have on.

Last edited:

Hondo

WKR
Ditto on the Attack or Pro. Same pants except for the Pro's knee pads which are nicely done. When I first tried them on I was concerned that the pads were lower than my knee cap but when I knelt down they moved right where they should be. I dont notice them when hiking.

OP
B

banded_drake

Lil-Rokslider
Attack over the Sierra at least for a hunt. Thigh vents will make them more versatile. The Sierra fabric for some reason tends to get super static clingy and all kinds of crap sticks to them. Never had any static issues with the Attack.

I'll add: For me in AZ and NM early Sept and into Oct I'm in Tiburon's. If it gets chilly I'll wear a zip off under layer. I run hot when moving so if it's still not too cold later into Oct/Nov I'm still in Tiburon's. It has to get pretty chilly for me to wear my old Alpine's or Attack. I'd rather layer than be too hot and be stuck with what have on.
I've got a pair of the Tiburons I just ordered to try out for the next couple of months on different hunts here in south Texas. I'm kind of the same, I get warm real easy when on the move, but as soon as I stop and sit, I tend to get a chill pretty easy

OP
B

banded_drake

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have insight on the fit for the Tiburons or the Sierra? I typically wear a 32 but for the Attacks I had to bump up to a 34, are the others the same way?

BBob

WKR
I wear 32 in all three. I might say Sierra is a touch trimmer/tighter than the other two. I’d say the Attacks and Tiburon are really close but the Attack’s are stretchier so a different feel.

In AZ Tiburons are where it’s at. I’m in them (pants and shorts) easily 9 months out of the year or more.

jolemons

WKR
Attacks more versatile. Sierras are light weight and light duty, not a hunting pant imo. The Kutana seems to be the best bet for a durable and lightweight early season pant, but would likely need some layering under it before the heavier Attacks would.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Check out the KUIU pro pants, a great pant with padded knee. Never thought I would need that until I had it. Much easier getting down in ground.

OP
B

banded_drake

Lil-Rokslider
This. By far my favorite, Attacks are too hot for me for mild to warm temps. But I can layer under Kutana's as needed.
I've started looking close at these as well, thinking I may try and get my hands on a pair and try them out while we still have some pretty warm temps. Are the fit with these the same as the Attacks, generally bump up a size?

ChrisAU

WKR
I've started looking close at these as well, thinking I may try and get my hands on a pair and try them out while we still have some pretty warm temps. Are the fit with these the same as the Attacks, generally bump up a size?

I've found the Kutana's to be a tad slimmer than the Attacks. I'm somewhere between a 36 and 38 in Attacks but the 38's in Kutana's are great. I wear a 34 Wrangler. The Attacks are stretchier though, so that may be why they feel a bit different in fit too.

BBob

WKR
How do the Kutana’s compare as far as durability/snagging/pilling to the Attack? Tiburon? Tiburon are far more durable than the Attack so how does the Kutana do?