Kuiu Proximity LT vs First Lite Challis

Hey everyone, I have been looking for a layer like these two forever. Windblocking and quiet for late season archery hunting in the desert. Some companies have finally made them. Wondering if anyone has experience with both pieces. Not sure how long the Proximity LT has been out so my apologies if I am jumping the gun.

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the Proximity LT is new so doubt many people have experience with it. The previous Proximinity was wind resistant not windproof like LT

I picked up the Challis recently but its been too warm to use it yet

Ho5tile1

WKR
Yea the challis is a nice one but as said I have not had a chance to test it been to hot but it my house with a pretty strong fan it blocked the wind from that. One other thing the challis runs bigger then there other jackets.

I have the kuiu proximity top and bottoms but not the Light. And I love it blocks wind pretty darn good not as good as the Sitka fanatic but pretty dame good. I’m gonna get the light to try out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a sample size of one but haven’t had any issues whatsoever with the proximity, and i don’t baby my gear. I hunt all public lands that have no access to ATVs etc, I’m hiking in/out and logging in miles

For those that have experience with the original Proximity jacket - is it more tailored toward freezing temps while layered, or is it a 35-50° type jacket? I have Sitka Fanatic bibs and jacket that I will break out at <=35°. I want a Proximity for 35-50°, but not sure whether I should get the Proximity or the new Proximity LT. I will be layering with First Lite Furnace quarter zip and a grid fleece pullover.

Ho5tile1

WKR
I use my proximity in the over 35 stuff if it’s lower I also use my fanatic set. I don’t think light will be enough for 35 unless you run real hot. I get cold easy once I’m up in a tree dont know why. I’m also pretty rough on my proximity stuff all public land and I have had zero issues with it being fragile. The only thing I’ve had from kuiu that wasn’t pretty tuff was the tiburon…

Last edited:
I use my proximity in the over 35 stuff if it’s lower I also use my fanatic set. I don’t think light will be enough for 35 unless you run real hot. I get cold easy once I’m up in a tree dont know why. I’m also pretty rough on my proximity stuff all public land and I have had zero issues with it being fragile. The only think I’ve had from kuiu that wasn’t pretty tuff was the tiburon…

How is the proximity with:
- Fitment (true to size?)
- Wind blockage
- Noise of the material

Ho5tile1

WKR
Mine blocks wind pretty dame good fits true to size I’m 5’10.5 200 pounds I got the XL jacket and 36 pants like all there stuff I have and it’s very quiet I’ve shot a few deer in it one was right under when I drew back never knew it was coming…