Kuiu piece you can’t hunt without?

Poser

WKR
I wear Tiburons all summer when out in the sun and on some or many Sept days, depending on conditions.

Been using the Kutana pants for the last 3-4 years quite a bit. I have a pair of attacks that are 12+ years old, but they are a little warm for the Southwest in the early to mid fall. I wear them on late season hunts and quite a bit during Turkey season. Usually need to be cooler than 50 for a high or I find them too hot.

I have a pair of Chucagh gaiters that are 10 years old and falling apart, but keep kicking replacement down the road. I only wear gaiters when conditions warrant it: wet, snow, dew/frost, but they do get a good bit of use every year. Probably will upgrade to the Yukons for replacement if I don’t go with the SGs instead.

I have a strong fleece in blaze orange that is my current rifle hunting midlayer. -may have pit zips added. Not sure if it my favorite mid layer or not, but the blaze orange is super practical and difficult to come by for quality layers. I HATE dealing with an orange vest: on and off, bino harness…. Adding, removing layers. I prefer to just wear Orange layers, but options are limited.

If we could get some orange merino layers and quality orange puffies, I’d be super grateful.

Kenai jacket. Best puffy for active uses. It’s not nearly as warm as a nylon shelled puffy but, you can shoulder a pack and knock out several hundred feet of elevation and not get soaking wet from sweat. Try that with a hard shelled puffy and you be shivering in the wind. Trying to dry out.

I wear Tiburons all summer when out in the sun and on some or many Sept days, depending on conditions.

Been using the Kutana pants for the last 3-4 years quite a bit. I have a pair of attacks that are 12+ years old, but they are a little warm for the Southwest in the early to mid fall. I wear them on late season hunts and quite a bit during Turkey season. Usually need to be cooler than 50 for a high or I find them too hot.

I have a pair of Chucagh gaiters that are 10 years old and falling apart, but keep kicking replacement down the road. I only wear gaiters when conditions warrant it: wet, snow, dew/frost, but they do get a good bit of use every year. Probably will upgrade to the Yukons for replacement if I don’t go with the SGs instead.

I have a strong fleece in blaze orange that is my current rifle hunting midlayer. -may have pit zips added. Not sure if it my favorite mid layer or not, but the blaze orange is super practical and difficult to come by for quality layers. I HATE dealing with an orange vest: on and off, bino harness…. Adding, removing layers. I prefer to just wear Orange layers, but options are limited.

If we could get some orange merino layers and quality orange puffies, I’d be super grateful.
Exactly my thoughts.

Western hunting, September-November, what’s one Kuiu piece of gear you can’t hunt without?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's no piece of gear Kuiu or other brand that I can't do without. Grew up hunting in cotton blue jeans and flannel shirt. Did just fine. My Kuiu favorites are Kutana pants, Kenai Hooded jacket, Super Down Pro(mid-late season) and most of their Merino baselayers. I do use other brand clothing if it performs equal or better at a blue collar price point.

pirogue

WKR
The attack pants are hard to beat. I’ve got a lot of Kuiu and a lot of tops of different weight and material. For the first few years, they didn’t do a very good job of labeling, with the material and thickness or weight, and you didn’t know what you were holding, unless you were a member of the ILGWU.

I just spent a solid two days in the Tiburon pants. I would have melted in anything heavier!

I also lime the Kutanas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk