Kuiu piece you can’t hunt without?

7mm-08

WKR
I forgot to mention that I absolutely LOVE Kuiu's old, discontinued Chinook jacket. If I was the OP, I might sell that damned gift card and wait for one of these. I've picked a few up over time and they're realistically priced in the Rokslide market at around $130. They're just hard to find.

Justin_Tree

Lil-Rokslider
I think most gear can be substituted but I tend to have my guide vest on most hunts

6000 Pro backpack
Kutana gaiters
Peloton 97 quarter zip
Attack pants, depending on weather
Pro Binocular harness and rangefinder pouch
Superdown Ultra puffy jacket

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite Kuiu pieces so far.. Pieces used on many different hunts.

Yukon gaiters(tough stuff)
Attack pants(thigh zips for heat dump)
Kutana pant( if brush bustin)
Merino wool base layers(zip off bottoms)
Attack gloves(over priced but great hiking glove)
Bino harness (it works well 🤷‍♂️)

Always buy on sale!

My 2c

Last edited:
Attack pants except in Lowcountry summer, then Pranas.

Attack pants have plenty of zip pockets plus the huge vents. And are ultra comfortable. Also great for international travel.

Sand Wrench

Lil-Rokslider
Zip-off Peloton 118 bottoms. Allows you to quickly shed that base layer without having to take your boots off. Super comfortable, can't even feel the zipper.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
Peloton neck gaiter and peloton 200 zip t and hoodie.

Last edited:

nobody

WKR
I only have ever owned one Kuiu product (their pro bino harness), and will likely be selling it this year. But, as far as I’m concerned, a guy can never have too many pairs of pants or hooded long sleeves. So that’s where I would spend a gift card.

Benjblt

WKR
I can live without it most days but when the conditions call for it the Talus pant is just plain awesome!

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Ultra merino 145 zipoff bottoms and Pro Merino hoodie. I don't care what else you put on top of those, your gonna be alright in september weather in the mountains. Dries quick, it keeps me suprisingly warm even when I got stuck in a rain storm at the top of the mountain.

I’d have to say attack pants. My favorite piece overall. I don’t go anywhere without my puffy though as well which is the super down pro. While nothing is a must have, these are my hands down favs.