Kuiu Kenai vs Windpro Fleece Jacket

GR1NCH11

FNG
Curious if anybody has any experience with the kuiu kenai vs wind pro fleece as an outer layer and/or as an insulating layer.
I will use it mainly for Whitetail tree stand sits in SW PA, but would like packability as I hang and hunt 0.5-1 mile deep and may pack it on mobile hunts.

Trapyotes

FNG
I tried the wind pro last week a few times and it’s probably gonna be my go to jacket. I too bow hunt S.W. Pa. And I will get a better idea on the pro fleece next week when the weather cools down. I bought a large being 5’8” 175. And I am glad I did.

LostArra

WKR
Haven't tried the Kenai but I returned the Wind Pro fleece jacket. Fit was excellent, pockets good but I didn't need it for mid layer and it is not substantial enough for an outer layer on even just a cool breezy Oklahoma day especially at that price.

tracker12

WKR
My friend just got the Wind Pro Fleece and he ha been very disappointed with its wind stoping abilities. Went back to using his Kenai.

OP
GR1NCH11

GR1NCH11

FNG
My friend just got the Wind Pro Fleece and he ha been very disappointed with its wind stoping abilities. Went back to using his Kenai.
I've read a few places people have been unimpressed for the price on the wind pro fleece. How's the thickness of the kenai compared to the fleece? I.e. if you layered an insulated whiteteail jacket over the kenai would you be the marshmallow man?

OP
GR1NCH11

GR1NCH11

FNG
I tried the wind pro last week a few times and it’s probably gonna be my go to jacket. I too bow hunt S.W. Pa. And I will get a better idea on the pro fleece next week when the weather cools down. I bought a large being 5’8” 175. And I am glad I did.
Are you wearing it solely as an outer layer? Or are you layering another jacket on top once the temps dip? Or both? Just curious what you like about it that will make it your go to.

Trapyotes

FNG
Midweight merino wool base underneath , the wind pro overtop and my longbow. I like the fit of the forearms for string clearance,,the quietness and wind resistant.

Up for the day-also looking for a mid layer insulating piece.

Heading to Manitoba for a bear hunt + will use for whitetail this fall

I have them both and use them both often. I think what you're looking for is the Kenai. I wouldn't wear it as an outerlayer though. Midlayer, quiet insulation, very packable is it's strong points.