Kuiu katana gaiter replacements?

Elite

WKR
I recently bought the new version of the kuiu kutana gaiters and they seem to be extremely tight around my Lowa tibit boots. Definitely seems to limit my ankle mobility.

I had a old pair of the same gaiters and they fit perfectly but I wore them out. Wondering what other gaiters are recommended that are similar? I think the next size up would be way to large. I’m 5’10” and size 10.5 boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently bought the new version of the kuiu kutana gaiters and they seem to be extremely tight around my Lowa tibit boots. Definitely seems to limit my ankle mobility.

I had a old pair of the same gaiters and they fit perfectly but I wore them out. Wondering what other gaiters are recommended that are similar? I think the next size up would be way to large. I’m 5’10” and size 10.5 boot

Yukon gaiters have a more generous fit, they will probably be perfect

The Yukon gaiters have been my favorite of any I’ve tried, but still wear my kutana for warmer hunts, but if I could only have one pair, it would be the Yukon, and you will have more room with the Yukon for sure

What roosiebull said, I wear both and had to size up in the Kutana gaiters. I think the large would fit about perfect.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Have you hunted with them yet?

I'm 10.5 too, w/ Crispi Thor 2s. I thought that my L Kutanas were too small too but I had to go to MT a few days after receiving them so they went and it worked out OK. I wore them for 3 days, forgot all about it in snow and brush. They did not "break in". The fit is still the same after use.

I asked customer service about it before I left and they said so long as they close you're good to go, rationale being that "you want them to keep snow and ice out, right?"

I wear Katoohla gaiters under my pants when all I want to accomplish is excluding seeds and twigs and keep my laces tied.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
PS: I've noticed a lot of Kuiu sizes are inconsistent.

I usually order L and XL and tell them I'm going to send one back and they are cool with that, but its a crap shoot which one is going back.

croben

WKR
I had the OR crocodile gaiters for about five years and really liked them. I bought a pair of the Peax storm castle gaiters less than two years ago and have been really impressed with them. Never tried Kuiu’s gaiters.

Had a pair of Kuiu gaters bought the OR crocodile. I’m a huge fan of Kuiu but the crocodiles are way way nicer

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Have you hunted with them yet?

I'm 10.5 too, w/ Crispi Thor 2s. I thought that my L Kutanas were too small too but I had to go to MT a few days after receiving them so they went and it worked out OK. I wore them for 3 days, forgot all about it in snow and brush. They did not "break in". The fit is still the same after use.

I asked customer service about it before I left and they said so long as they close you're good to go, rationale being that "you want them to keep snow and ice out, right?"

I wear Katoohla gaiters under my pants when all I want to accomplish is excluding seeds and twigs and keep my laces tied.

I have wore them on a few scouting trips so far and I seem to trip on logs and other debris more often with the limited ankle mobility now

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Has anyone used these gaiters? The custom fit looks interesting.

Also looking at peax gaiters