KUIU Guide DCS Jacket

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a new guide dcs jacket and got it in the mail today. Looking at the website you can see the emblem on the left chest pocket is embroidered. Well I get it in the mail today and it is screen printed on. First, I just wanted everyone to be aware of this change and second, what does everyone think of this? Sometime I tend to dwell on the details too much but I think it looks cheap and will wear off easily. Would you send it back over that? That aside, the jacket looks great and fits well.

Poser

WKR
I have one. I just checked and it has both a stitched emblem and a screen printed one. The screen printed emblem has not faded any despite some use and washing, but even if it did, is it 1992 and we are talking Tommy Hilfiger clothing? :confused:

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
I think they also did this with some of the pants?? I have Tiburon pants with the screen printing and it still looks exactly they way it did new even after mulitple washes. It wouldn't make the difference in me sending it back.

mauidiver

WKR
I also like the fine details and think the embroidered was really nice looking. They stopped doing that over a year ago I believe. Canadian made clothing all had them, China does not which it should have been easy for them to do the same. They are just saving money and of course saving weight :). I have the older attack pants with the cool embroidered, then the tibs in a screen. No way send them back, but they should change pic. Most do know this I thought as people were talking about it on the firm a while back.

carlc

Lil-Rokslider
I would rather have screen printed. Isn't embroidery just poking a ton of holes in the fabric, causing it to be less waterproof/resistant

OP
D

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
I pay attention to much to details, I am very aware of that, I guess i was just disappointed a little bit. If people had been talking about this, I managed to miss it somehow. Everything else i have ever bought from them was embroidered. It probably does effect the waterproofness somewhat though, didn't really consider that.

cgippe

Lil-Rokslider
Also did you get Vias? because that looks screen printed on their site. The others look embroidered.

boom

WKR
I'm not worried about the labeling. I wish none of it was labeled actually.

It a jacket for me. That guide jacket is tough.

OP
D

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
Here is what KUIU replied with to me:

Thank you for writing in. We did recently go from embroidering to screen printing to create a seamless look and feel. This was a way to get away from having any type of issues from moisture leakage and thread unraveling. We had issues with wear and tear where going through brush actually damaged the embroidered logo. Though it may seem like a "cheaper" option for Kuiu I can assure you that it is not as there is always a rhyme and reason to every upgrade we make with our clothing. There is always room for improvement and I will make sure your feedback doesn't go unnoticed. We appreciate your business and if you have any other questions I'll be more than happy to assist you,

Best Regards,

Anthony
KUIU Customer Service
855-367-5848
M-F 9:00A-5:00PM PST

Thought they spoke of this when they did a price reduction a while back.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
The answer in that email makes sense to me. I can see how that could be an issue with getting frayed. Guide jacket is one of my favorites. I have an Embroided Jacket in Major Brown.