Kuiu Gila

Has anyone ever seen the Kuiu Gila's on sale. Ive been looking for a couple of years and have not seen that line on sale.

2nd is it really "that good" ?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I use the Gila a lot. It’s very good at moisture wicking and sun blocking. I live in Texas - mine gets used more than any other top because my most common temperature is 90-100+. From a comfort standpoint it’s about the same as most any of the fishing shirts you can buy, but my backpack tore up a bunch of the UV shirts I had and my Gila shirts still look new after hiking with a backpack. Makes it worth the $20-30 extra to me, FWIW

You just missed the “founders sale”.

I ordered and returned. I prefer merino because of ability to wear for days without stink VS synthetic stiff. I did keep the lightweight merino which serves same purpose of gila

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did get some merino at the founders day sale. I have merino from, REI, Varustaleka, icebreaker, Skre gear, Badlands, smartwool and a few others. By far the KUIU pro merino is the best I've ever felt wearing. I also got the "non pro" KUIU merino and it felt really great also. I just have never seen the Gla line on sale. I guess Ill have to use my "I've bought so much KUIU here is some cash back" points....

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Did not see it in their most recent sale. I like synthetics a lot like the gila for hawaii along with the sitka lw hoodie and rei sun hoodie that i keep in rotation. at first i didnt like how the larger hood would balloon when walking into a headwind but i put the hood on and hat over it when it gets really windy and its manageable. I bought them when they first came out and feel like they raised the price though? I'm mostly day hunting but if I need odor management i like the first lite hybrid aerowool, i think the plain kuiu 125 merino is too hot for 80/90 plus temps. synthetics much more comfortable and bettter moisture managemen t

Last edited:
Back