KUIU Customer Service Experience

UPDATE: They managed to turn things around for me a few hours after I made this post by offering me a discount on a separate pair of pants. I am going to once again be a happy customer which I am thankful for. I was really looking forward to getting my Kutana pants back.

Please take a read of this(email sent to warranty dept.:
I bought a good set of gear finally in October. The high quality gear frayed in a few weeks of wear. I sent them back for warranty. I could have been told "those particular pants are not available right now, why don't you hang onto those ones with the frayed pocket until we get a replacement in". Instead, I sent them to you guys in March. It's been 6 months! I have done multiple bear hunts/running trail cameras/salt/camping/fishing and a plethora of other activities without the gear I purchased. I am 2 weeks away from a Limited entry goat hunt. I am beyond frustrated. If this was my customer; I would have sent them a free pair of pants in Vias Camo (even cheaper gear) and said here...."use this in the meantime, I'm very sorry we sucked so bad."

Covid is not a shipping excuse. I have ordered and awaited multiple other items from overseas during this pandemic. No other company is going through what you guys are putting me through. I am very disappointed with this warranty service.

I have only had contact from you guys when I am the one writing the email or picking up the phone. Not a single person has kept in contact with me. You told me the pants would arrive in April then May then June......then in August I finally contacted you again. It's atrocious. I wrote asking for a phone call. No phone call.

I expected to buy a small amount of personal gear in Vias over the next year but you have completely dropped the ball on me. I have spent the last couple days looking for a better mountain pack and your service has stopped me from even clicking on your website. I have friends with thousands in Sitka gear and their warranty has been fantastic. (Write on the inside of the gear so it cannot be re-sold, and ship another pair. With that model I at least would have had my gear on for spring bear and all the other things I've done).

Imagine yourself in my shoes. I feel you guys need to make this right somehow; after reading this I hope you do.

***They did not make it right at all. I have a shipping label coming back to me so I can return my used jacket (that they will likely re-sell to someone) and I am getting a full refund on my purchases so I can switch companies all together. What a poor poor poor service. If anyone has a friend in warrenty let them know they suck.***

Last edited:

IdahoElk

WKR
Please take a read of this(email sent to warranty dept.:
I bought a good set of gear finally in October. The high quality gear frayed in a few weeks of wear. I sent them back for warranty. I could have been told "those particular pants are not available right now, why don't you hang onto those ones with the frayed pocket until we get a replacement in". Instead, I sent them to you guys in March. It's been 6 months! I have done multiple bear hunts/running trail cameras/salt/camping/fishing and a plethora of other activities without the gear I purchased. I am 2 weeks away from a Limited entry goat hunt. I am beyond frustrated. If this was my customer; I would have sent them a free pair of pants in Vias Camo (even cheaper gear) and said here...."use this in the meantime, I'm very sorry we sucked so bad."

Covid is not a shipping excuse. I have ordered and awaited multiple other items from overseas during this pandemic. No other company is going through what you guys are putting me through. I am very disappointed with this warranty service.

I have only had contact from you guys when I am the one writing the email or picking up the phone. Not a single person has kept in contact with me. You told me the pants would arrive in April then May then June......then in August I finally contacted you again. It's atrocious. I wrote asking for a phone call. No phone call.

I expected to buy a small amount of personal gear in Vias over the next year but you have completely dropped the ball on me. I have spent the last couple days looking for a better mountain pack and your service has stopped me from even clicking on your website. I have friends with thousands in Sitka gear and their warranty has been fantastic. (Write on the inside of the gear so it cannot be re-sold, and ship another pair. With that model I at least would have had my gear on for spring bear and all the other things I've done).

Imagine yourself in my shoes. I feel you guys need to make this right somehow; after reading this I hope you do.

***They did not make it right at all. I have a shipping label coming back to me so I can return my used jacket (that they will likely re-sell to someone) and I am getting a full refund on my purchases so I can switch companies all together. What a poor poor poor service. If anyone has a friend in warrenty let them know they suck.***

Can you be more specific on what you purchased and how they failed?

Brooks

WKR
I don’t know how their warranty works I’ve never had to send anything back except a guide jacket that was too big but I had a new one that fit in about a week and a half. Good luck.

hunt1up

WKR
I've interacted with Kuiu on a few warranty issues and they've been stellar. One example: I had a insulated snap shirt that was a few years old. A button fell off. I called them up, they gave me a shipping label, and a few days later I got a brand new shirt. Prompt and courteous.

I'm sorry your experience as been so poor. That's surprising based on my interactions with them.

OP
L
Can you be more specific on what you purchased and how they failed?

I had the Kutana stretch woven pants and jacket in Vias. The pocket frayed after a few trips out. They have had my pants since March and are awaiting arrival on new stock slowed down due to "covid".

MattB

WKR
I have only had to deal with Kuiu CS once and they were outstanding.

Just food for thought, but COVID hasn't impacted every company's supply chain in the same way. Just because some other companies may not have been impacted does not mean that Kuiu wasn't.

Reactions: OMB
I just had an issue with a pair of Attack Pants; answered my email in 4 days, already sending me out a brand new pair and pre-paid shipping label to return the old pair. Excellent Service and awesome gear !

I contacted Kuiu CS for a buckle on a pair of gaiters that I broke due to carelessness on my part. I offered to pay for said buckle but they declined my offer and I had a replacement in a few days.

Best of luck resolving your issue and welcome to RS.

txjustin

Lil-Rokslider
I had a good experience with them accepting a return and sending out a larger size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
I feel your pain. I have a number of KUIU items, but I'm real hesitant to purchase more when I read stories like this.

For me personally I've had disastrous CS experiences with Nikon (had my spotter from February - November this year despite numerous requests to have it returned) and Spypoint (total lack of response from the CS department) that make me want to stay clear of them as well.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
It seems like their CS is really hit or miss. Several years ago I had a a CS experience that was so bad that I decided to never buy from them again. It involved many phone calls and emails and never was resolved.

My hunting partner had a couple of good experiences with CS recently.

Maybe they have gotten better over the years.

Geewhiz

WKR
I don't want to say too much for their sake, but I will say kuiu customer service had an opportunity to gain a customer for live or lose a customer for life.

They went above and beyond to satisfy me. I appreciate that.

willidru

WKR
I just had a zipper go on a pack, sent in some pictures to CS and they are going to replace the pack no problem.

BluMtn

WKR
I like KUIU. But my one and only CS experience sucked. My pack belt started coming apart and I contacted them about getting a replacement since this belt had one season on it, when the dust settled I was told that they had no record of my purchase so to bad. I ended up buying a new complete suspension even though I use the Axis shoulder straps. I have other KUIU gear and like I said, I like their products but I doubt I buy any more of their stuff.

Last edited:

CCH

WKR
The one time I had to deal with their customer service, I had two very different experiences. The first woman I talked with was unhelpful and frankly, unfriendly. When I called back again, I got a different person on the phone and she was super helpful and made things right. It was like dealing with two different companies.